PDA

View Full Version : Firefox keeps crashing and burning on my laptop and desktop.

8ftmetalhaed
20-12-2011, 11:36 AM
More so on my laptop than my desktop. It at times (most often on a couple of sites, wondering if bad coding) will stop loading pages, then hang, freeze and need killing. The process carries on sometimes.
I then re open ffox, only to have the tabs generally re open, but not load and the process repeat. If it asks to be restored, I can do that but no matter how many or how few tabs from the previous session I restore, they sit and infinitely load.

It happens more on my laptop than my desktop, with minimal add ons installed (main ones are the defaults like java, and ad block and a couple of video downloaders) which have all been stable up until recently.

I've done the whole 'clear everything' on both the laptop and desktop, did nothing for it but make mum angry when she had to remember her passwords.

I've installed chrome for now but I really do just like firefox. Any suggestions? I'm running 8.0 and it's all up to date n such.

pctek
20-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I doubt it actually produces fire...

Uninstall it, kill all traces of your profile and then reinstall it and set up without it using anything from your old profile.

8ftmetalhaed
20-12-2011, 12:02 PM
seems fine in safe mode. i'm guessing it's an add on that's gone rogue. (completely forgot about safe mode, hah)

I'll have to kick em out one by one till I find the broken one.