PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch eMail problem

Pato
18-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I am trying to add another email address on my Ipod. I have this same email address working ok on other computers.
I thought that I would be able to just use the same POP and SMTP settings on my Ipod but to no avail. Can anyone confirm that the same settings should work on the Ipod or am I wrong in my assumptions?.

fred_fish
18-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes, but ... it depends ... :)
Are you connecting via the same network?

Safari
18-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Are you able to receive mail but unable to send.
Who is your ISP

Pato
18-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, but ... it depends ... :)
Are you connecting via the same network?Yes. Connecting via same network. Have three other email addresses working well on the Ipod.
Well at least I know I should be able to use the same settings.

Pato
18-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Are you able to receive mail but unable to send.
Who is your ISPNeither send or receive. It won't Verify the connection. ISP is Paradise. Tried setting up without SSL. I have just about tried everthing now
and still no joy. I can have up to 5 user names or addresses. Why it works on all other Computers and not on the Ipod I don't know.

Safari
18-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Have you got any other email accounts setup on the iPod that are working or is this the first one.
You are not setting it up as IMAP instead of POP are you.

Pato
18-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Have you got any other email accounts setup on the iPod that are working or is this the first one.
You are not setting it up as IMAP instead of POP are you.Yes. I have three other accounts. Hotmail, Gmail, and another Paradise account, all
working perfectly. I am trying to set up as POP like the other Paradise one. It has me beat at present.