PDA

View Full Version : Losing Excel Chart & Sheet tabs

20-10-2001, 05:48 PM
Hi

I'm using MS Office Professional 2000 and I create a lot of graphs & charts in Excel. Most of the time I have no problems but every now and then when working with a file the 'chart' and 'sheet' tabs disappear from the bottom of the screen and I can't find a way to get them back.

Occasionally they seem to reappear all by themselves or perhaps my frustrated fiddling brings them back but it is a real nuisance when it happens.

If I am in a hurry sometimes I find it is quicker to re-enter the data and start again than to fiddle about hoping to strike it lucky! I have searched the various menus and help files to no avail. Can anybody help as this is driving me @#$%*&! mad!

Peter <<:-@

20-10-2001, 07:30 PM
Check your macos to see if you havent put a line in saying hide the sheet tabs and charts may be when you go back to where you started it is not put back to the way you want the sheet to end up I have a lot of spreed sheets that have buttons that disable some of these features to stop these capabilities untill the sheet is back to the main sheet macros are a lot of fun best of luck

20-10-2001, 09:23 PM
To restore the worksheet tabs go to the tools menu and select options. Select the view tab and check the box to view sheet tabs.

21-10-2001, 12:35 PM
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the speedy reply to my post but unfortunately I still have the problem.

I don't use macros which eliminates that option, but I've filed the advice away for future reference. As my Excel skills develop I'm bound to get into trouble playing with macros.

The sheets tab is enabled in tools/options so that wasn't it either.

As luck (bad) would have it, this morning when I opened the graph I was working on last night the tabs were missing so I took careful note of what the file looked like on screen.

It appears as though the window is oversized and thus the tabs are off the bottom of the screen hiding below and/or behind the tool bars. The overszing is such that the legend (which I place at the bottom of the graph) has also disappeared from view. Resizing the image shrinks the graph so that I can see the legend but leaves the window still too big.

I can't lift it high enough to see if the tabs are present but I assume that they are as it seems clear that it is a window size issue. After I opened another file to see if it was ok (which it was) when I closed it the previous window reappeared smaller with the tabs all displayed.

I had not previously noted this effect, which if it persists will save me a lot of hassle, but I'd still like to sort out the actual cause.

Any more ideas?

Regards

Peter

NatashaM
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Try going to "View" menu and un-checking "Full Screen". It worked for me.

Sweep
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Try going to "View" menu and un-checking "Full Screen". It worked for me.

Hopefully the probem was fixed some years ago.

Welcome to PressF1.

wratterus
11-12-2007, 12:25 PM
:lol: :lol:

What lengths some people go to... :p