PDA

View Full Version : Lightscribe DVD+Recordable for Direct Disc Labelling

Bobh
26-11-2011, 01:32 PM
A while ago I bought a box of these Verbatim DVDs from Warehouse Stationery that can be direct printed on using your DVD Writer. I finally got around to trying them out using LightScribe Simple Labeller (http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=811).

I have recently purchased a new Liton iHBS212 Blue Ray writer. I was sceptical that a writer could actually write a label direct onto a DVD. I used LightScribe Simple Labeller to make a simple title only design. I then placed the Verbatim specially coated disc upside down into my writer and waited a few minutes for it to be printed onto the label side of the DVD. I believe that the writers laser causes a chemical reaction on the coated surface of the DVD thus giving you a DVD with a printed label.

It works a treat but the free version lets you print any colour you like as long as it is black. This could be better than labelling my discs with a felt pen.

Anybody else tried this?

Speedy Gonzales
26-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Yup Ive used LS a few times can't now tho, the burner doesn't support it. You can only print/burn in black. Since LS doesnt support colour

Zippity
26-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I use inkjet printable labels - that way I get any colour I want :) :)

Snorkbox
26-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I use LS myself. That way I do not use printer ink.

Bobh
26-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I use inkjet printable labels - that way I get any colour I want :) :)
I have used the printed labels in the past using an inkjet printer. They work fine and are full colour so they do look impressive. I have now converted to a colour laser printer. It is hard to find media that you can print on when using a laser printer.

Zippity
26-11-2011, 05:59 PM
agreed :(

icow
26-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I got software with my LS drive. I can print in full colour, i do recall that you need to get a different type of disk to do colour (not the gold ones).

Bobh
26-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I got software with my LS drive. I can print in full colour, i do recall that you need to get a different type of disk to do colour (not the gold ones).

I have a heap of the gold ones, I got a box of 20 so they will keep me going for a while. What programme are you using?