PDA

View Full Version : display properties

19-10-2001, 08:45 PM
After reinstalling windows I have discovered that the only colours that is on the color palette in the display properties is either monochrome or 16, how do I get the old values like 24 bit colour or true colour back?

19-10-2001, 09:03 PM
To get the 24bit or true colour back you'll need to reload your display card's driver, usually on a CD. If you don't have a CD you could try this method (if you know the right driver name!)

Right click on My Computer and select Properties
click the Devices tab, and click the + next to Display.
double click on the display card listed, click the Drivers tab, and click Update Driver.
Either get windows to search for a new driver, or choose to select one youself, and browse for the correct display driver for your display card.

19-10-2001, 09:05 PM
The likely scenario is windows either hasn't detected ur monitor and just installed a basic vga driver or you havn't installed your video card drivers.

Firstly search for your monitor in the windows list or use a disk if you have one to update and/or install appropriate video card driver.

20-10-2001, 01:41 PM
ok......... what happens if you dont have a drivers disk for the display card and you dont know what kind of display card you have..???