PDA

View Full Version : Asus Eee 701 windows xp

rocco
18-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I have installed windows xp home edition, version 2002 with service pack 2.. It was originally set up with linux but I deleted it.
I have got a little problem now in that when I press the caps lock button I don't get the "caps on" icon showing in the the bottom right like before.
What can I do to have it showing again?..thanks for your help :-)

pcuser42
18-11-2011, 01:29 PM
There's a program on the DVD that shipped with it that does that I believe, I can't recall what it's called though.

CYaBro
18-11-2011, 01:53 PM
If you can't find that you can try http://www.binaryfortress.com/TrayStatus/
I use that on machines that have wireless keyboards and it works really well.

mzee
19-11-2011, 06:54 PM
All the XP drivers are on the DVD which came with it. If you don't have a CD drive, use another computer to copy the drivers to a USB stick. The Fn sound keys do not work. We have 3 Asus 701's in the house. Two are on XP Pro, and the third has Windows 7 squeezed into it. Has 2gb memory because there is no room for a swap file. Also has a SD Card as a second drive which has My Documents and most of the software on it. The Windows 7 has been pruned considerably in order to fit, but it works well.

PENTIUM
19-11-2011, 10:42 PM
If you have the 4GB solid state drive you may have run out of head room. Remember there is not much puff in the processor either.
I run a slimmed down version of XP as supplied by Asus, you might like to try and borrow one.