PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 6L

19-10-2001, 02:34 PM
Have had this printer for 'years', hasn't caused any problems, expect I notice just lately on the left hand side of a printed page there are about 15 'pits' about the size of a pencil tip (it is not in a pattern repeated from page to page, but every page has them there). Its not too noticable, but I worry it may turn into something major!!
Thanks Heather

19-10-2001, 03:42 PM
It sounds more mecanical than software related, probably needs a good clean out. Or a new drum when it gets worse.

19-10-2001, 09:10 PM
Hi Heather.

It definately sounds like your Drum had its day.. You say the 'pits' dont repeat from page to page but you need to measure the distance between each 'pit' on one page only..... If a pattern crops up it will be one of 2 things either the drum or the Fuser rollers...

Let us know what you find..

==Orac==

20-10-2001, 12:47 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. There are definate patterns appearing. I just love this printer, as it has caused me no problems what so ever. I would guess that it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a new one than have it repaired. gggrrr. (number 3 son offered to hold it upside down while I blasted it with the hairdryer to see if its dust thats causing the problem, can't do any harm I suppose). Thanks so much again.