PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question, but.....

19-10-2001, 01:19 PM
What is the actual differnce between P.C's and apple mac? Does anything work on both, (realplayer)?

19-10-2001, 02:32 PM
They have a different types of processors.

Software written for windows won't work on a mac.
But there are Mac versions of most programs.

Macs are also more expensive than PCs, mainly because there are more PCs made.

And as you've probably noticed the colour :-).

19-10-2001, 04:19 PM
They are completely different systems so seperate software is made for both pcs and macs.

Pc's are in much wider use and have far more software available whereas macs tend to fill a niche market in creative areas like graphic design - they are considered more stylish and easy to use/setup than pc's.

As I understand it mac's are capable of reading/writing to a pc formatted disk but you need a special program to read a mac file on a pc.

19-10-2001, 05:24 PM
PC=Ugly beige box
Mac=Eye-catching elegance

I own a PC, but if Macs were more widespread, I would have one without a doubt.

Some mac versions of software are flasher their pc-counterparts, such as adobe photoshop, even MS Office X.

Macs are also much more expensive than PCs, and in 1994, they pulled the ability for other companies to make computers which could run macos.

19-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Its always been an Intelligence thing.Macs had a windows/mouse thing while pcs had Dos. So called Educated people like University Lecturors etc had Macs as they were easier to use but Way more expensive. As time moved on the PC has caught up and I submit overpassed the Mac. Although there fundamental floor plan is different to the pc. It still remains an acedemic machine and one preferred by grapix professionals only by habit. There is nothing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC.
There are an expensive status symbol for the computer Illiterate people. Every thing about them cost 3xtimes that of a PC. As I used/own both platforms it remains my opinon.

==Orac==