PDA

View Full Version : Speaker problem/Conversion issue

thiggy
15-11-2011, 03:07 AM
I wish to copy my collection of vinyl records to digital format. I downloaded Audacity, then connected my turntable to the phono input in my tuner. I connected my tuner “tape out” to the blue input on my computer sound card. When I start my record, I am unable to detect any signal received by my computer. Additionally, I no longer am able to hear any sound from the computer speakers. If I unplug the speaker cable from the sound card and plug it into the headphone jack in the front of my CPU, the speakers work fine. I have looked at every control that I can think of and see no evidence that I have muted the sound. Even if I disconnect the cable from my tuner, my speakers do not work from the sound card connection. I assume if the sound card were defective, then I could not get sound from my headphone connection. Does anyone have a suggestion how that I might correct the problem with my speakers. Additionally, any suggestions as to why I am unable to detect any signal from my tuner. Thanks, Thiggy

Driftwood
15-11-2011, 08:06 AM
This may help

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?23253-Burning-vinyl-to-CD&highlight=digitising+vinyl