PDA

View Full Version : Convert to iPod ACC Format

PinoyKiw
14-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I have been given a iPod Touch to replace my aging Dick Smith MP3 player.

I have downloaded iTunes and I have been unable to successfully import and convert my many MP3 and Wav files to the AAC format.

I have googled up and found various MP3/WAV to AAC converters but some look suspect and and others are no free.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good WAV/MP3 to AAC free converter. ?

As for Video's, I used Handbrake with excellent results, so simple to use. Now I just need a audio converter as well.

Thanks

bevy121
14-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't use them myself, but don't they play mp3's and wav's now anyway?

.... just went and looked myself - it says they do play mp3's and uncompressed wav's
- compressed wav's they don't

anyway, that's what it says here (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1334?viewlocale=en_US) at apple

psycik
14-11-2011, 01:24 PM
All my music is iTunes is MP3 both CBR and VBR. Unsure why you can't import them into itunes. You shouldn't need to convert them.

Alternatively you could try winamp - which includes an ipod plugin.

CliveM
14-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Are your mp3 files on the hd in your PC? If so they should be easy to import into iTunes as is.

PinoyKiw
14-11-2011, 02:37 PM
The iPod has its own format, AAC I beleive.

I have some music files on the hard drive, just not as easy as drag and drop as you would get in Windows.

I am ready to throw the iPod against the wall.

Will try WinAmp and see what that coughs up.

I have found though that if I insert a music CD into the drive, one of the options given is, Import to iTunes. I have quickly copied some MP3 and WAV files onto a CD and it copies automatically to a folder that can be then dragged into iTunes.

They just don't believe in making things easy.

CliveM
14-11-2011, 03:00 PM
You tell iTunes to import music from your hd and it searches and does it automatically. You do not drag and drop files.

Agent_24
14-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I have some music files on the hard drive, just not as easy as drag and drop as you would get in Windows.

I am ready to throw the iPod against the wall.

Probably the best idea.

Then buy a better player that actually supports the files you want, without all the Apple DRM rubbish.

Alternatively, if your iPod is one of the supported models, you could install the Rockbox firmware on it which will make it a million times better.

PinoyKiw
14-11-2011, 04:58 PM
If I had a choice I would not be using a iPod but it was given to me.

There is no search option on the iPod to locate music files on the HD.

Quickest way out of this is to burn all the music I want on the iPod to a CD, put the CD in to the laptop and iTunes detects it and converts it to a folder from where I can drag and drop into the iPod.

Agent_24
14-11-2011, 05:24 PM
You do have a choice. Sell it and get something that actually works :lol:

wainuitech
14-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Try Xmedia Recode (http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html), Its free and it does convert to aac.

The download link is in the big download box - Just make sure if you install it you select English.

PinoyKiw
14-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Try Xmedia Recode (http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html), Its free and it does convert to aac.

The download link is in the big download box - Just make sure if you install it you select English.

Thanks. Will give it a try.

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2011, 06:50 PM
If you rip cds you can select it under preferences in itunes