PDA

View Full Version : ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD

Happy Harry
31-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Guys and Gals
For some time now I have being having an irritating problem (the PC not me) that is driving me ever closer to a "Home for the Permanently Befuddled"
At varying times and at varying intervals I get the attached Dialogue Box pop up
I am not entirely sure what this password is actually for but am assuming that it is the XTRA acct logon. The funny thing is, even if I cancel away from this dialogue box, I can keep on receiving e-mails and still have access to the internet. I also still have access to the other PCs on my home network
I have Googled and tried many of the suggestions found. None have resolved the issue. I have deleted and renewed my Outlook accounts. I have reinstalled Outlook and still I have the same problem.
I am running XPPro Service Pack 3 Office/Outlook 2003.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
HH

Speedy Gonzales
31-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Ask telecom. See if their email server/s are screwed

HAL9000
31-10-2011, 10:16 PM
They are! Especially when you have multiple devices accessing account such as iPhone, iPad and PC. Client has this issue, Xtra/Yahoo useless in suggesting any other resolution other than "recreate account settings". Provided them with Outlook logging showing that server was failing at authentication.