PDA

View Full Version : Help I've lost my internet!!

18-10-2001, 01:33 PM
my internet has gone, i can connect to the internet, but can not do anything can't go to any on it, can't chat or check my email or surf the net. internet does not work on xtra or zfree.
the day before this happened i went to http://www.pcpitstop.com/.
also that day i downloaded SpeedNet. could some one please help me.

18-10-2001, 02:25 PM
Your best bet is probably to reinstall your internet components; modem, TCP/IP and dial-up networking.
To reinstall your modem, just have your Windows CD, and modem driver disk handy, go to Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager and delete the entry under modems, then restart your computer and P&P should automatically detect your modem. To reinstall TCP/IP, go to System/Control Panel/Networking, make sure you make a note of any settings you currently have loaded for TCP/IP, then remove it, restart your computer and then reinstall it.
Dial-Up Networking can be uninstalled/reinstalled by going to the Add/Remove Programs applet, and clicking on Windows Setup. Dial Up Networking can be found under Communications, just uncheck this box, let your computer restart, then reinstall it by checking the box again.
NB Make sure you know any usernames/passwords and settings for all of your internet connections as uninstalling Dial-Up will remove this information from your computer.
Hopefully this will fix your problem for you.