PDA

View Full Version : Orcon E-mails.

Poppa John
26-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi All.

XP Home SP3, ISP Orcon. IE6.

When I click on send/recieve I get whatever E-mails have come in. I open them read them & delete some of them. Maryann claims that when I delete them she cannot download them.She is on W7.

I say that when I delete from IE6 that this does not delete from Orcon Web Mail & she should still be able to get them. Am I correct? PJ

GameJunkie
26-10-2011, 08:39 PM
IE6:stare::eek::badpc:

dear god, upgrade that thing please

Poppa John
26-10-2011, 08:45 PM
IE6:stare::eek::badpc:

dear god, upgrade that thing please

Ouch. Sorry ...that should have been OE 6!!!! PJ:blush:

GameJunkie
26-10-2011, 08:55 PM
pheww!!! had me worried there :D

Poppa John
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
pheww!!! had me worried there :D

Actually IE8. PJ

linw
26-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Normally, when you download (pop) mail off a server the emails will be deleted at the server so Maryann won't see them. Orcon doesn't want heaps of email to store.

If you use a web interface to the mailbox, deleting will have the same effect - wipeout.

Either way, Maryann gets to have a peaceful time with no email to worry about!

It is a fraught exercise having two people accessing the same account.

Bobh
26-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Why not create another free Orcon account for Maryann.

Greven
26-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Ouch. Sorry ...that should have been OE 6!!!! PJ:blush:
Still obsolete. Check the advanced account settings to make sure it is set to leave the email on the server & not delete off the server when it is removed from your deleted items folder.

Myth
27-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Still obsolete. Check the advanced account settings to make sure it is set to leave the email on the server & not delete off the server when it is removed from your deleted items folder.http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Outlook-Express-To-Leave-Email-Messages-On-The-Server

pctek
27-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Still obsolete.

Does it matter?
Why do you both need the same emails?

Why not have an email account each? If there's one meant for you both, print it or forward it.

linw
27-10-2011, 08:26 AM
If you are going to create accounts, switch to two gmail accounts and then you will have no issues if you change ISP. You will also be able to keep everything forever!! And you will also get an excellent spam filter.

Just a suggestion - of course, it is over to you.

ronyville
27-10-2011, 11:05 AM
If you are going to create accounts, switch to two gmail accounts and then you will have no issues if you change ISP. You will also be able to keep everything forever!! And you will also get an excellent spam filter.

totally agree linw, get a gmail and just pop all your emails from orcon into gmail. its easy to setup.

Poppa John
27-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Still obsolete. Check the advanced account settings to make sure it is set to leave the email on the server & not delete off the server when it is removed from your deleted items folder.

What is better than OE6 on XP home? Don't want Mozilla & Firefox. Not keen on Windows Live even if it will run on XP.

DUH. Checked the settings as above & now ok, I think. Now why didn't I think of that !!!! PJ

Poppa John
27-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Why not create another free Orcon account for Maryann.

There is one piggy backed onto the main account but, A) She won't use it & B) It still appears on other comps. PJ

Poppa John
27-10-2011, 12:12 PM
totally agree linw, get a gmail and just pop all your emails from orcon into gmail. its easy to setup.

Maryann does have a Hotmail address which apears on her computer only. Doesnt want any more. PJ

Poppa John
27-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Does it matter?
Why do you both need the same emails?

Why not have an email account each? If there's one meant for you both, print it or forward it.

I have e-mails that I have initiated & so does she. She has the Main Orcon Address + a second one & the Hotmail (which only apears on her comp). She is on W7 & Windows Live.

I have OE6, Orcon Main Address + a second added on address, Gmail. All to download onto OE6 This works well enouh for us.Other than the original problem of unticked boxes. Silly me !!! PJ .

Robin S_
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
I use Orcon web mail with Eudora client. Eudora has a "Delete mail from server after ... days" setting and OE may have an equivalent. Set it to 7, 14, 30 or whatever and it will delete the mail from the Orcon server after that period which eliminates perpetual build-up there.

And using webmail is an advantage if you change ISPs because provided the webmail service includes a POP3 service (which Orcon does) you can hook into that from any client, no matter what your ISP.

pctek
01-11-2011, 06:49 AM
What is better than OE6 on XP home? Don't want Mozilla & Firefox.
Firefox is the browser. You mean Thunderbird?

Eudora.