PDA

View Full Version : router password

beninstine
25-10-2011, 03:36 PM
i needed the password for my wireless router and couldnt find it so i just looked on the underside of the router and it had it right there that was easy is it on any other router. the router i own is a thomoson the one that u get with telecom. could you plz reply and say if thats silly and if u have it on ur router

wratterus
25-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Most routers don't have the actual password on the bottom - in fact most ship with no password at all, it's for the end user to set up.

Snorkbox
25-10-2011, 06:29 PM
The Thompson has the wireless code on the underneath as you have already found.

lakewoodlady
25-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, I set up a Thomson wireless router for someone recently and the name and code were on there. You can always go into it and change it if you want I think.

LL

afe66
25-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Same for the vodafone one.

I'm not worried because in order to read it you have to break into my house..in which case I doubt you're there for my wifi password.

I imagine the big telly, the PS3 and the spirits in the cabinet are more appealing.

A.

mikebartnz
25-10-2011, 08:23 PM
i needed the password for my wireless router and couldnt find it so i just looked on the underside of the router and it had it right there that was easy is it on any other router. the router i own is a thomoson the one that u get with telecom. could you plz reply and say if thats silly and if u have it on ur router
Please don't use texting language on this forum.

mikebartnz
25-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Most routers don't have the actual password on the bottom - in fact most ship with no password at all, it's for the end user to set up.
Most I have struck have "admin" "admin" as log on and password and I reckon the first thing to do is change log on and password.

WarNox
25-10-2011, 09:01 PM
The reason it's written on the bottom is because they're making these devices more and more idiot proof. So all you have to do is plug it in and everything works. The wifi (wpa2) and logon passwords are now written on these stickers.

Chilling_Silence
25-10-2011, 09:11 PM
They come on a sticker now that they advise you *ought* to stick to the Router, but it's easy to miss the sticker in the box of the Thomson TG585s...

Greven
25-10-2011, 10:13 PM
It is a really good idea for most homes - as mentioned above, if someone can read the bottom of your router then you probably don't mind them having your wifi password. Saves people from using easy to guess or blank passwords