PDA

View Full Version : Software for making a short 'photo-movie'...

sahilcc7
24-10-2011, 09:19 PM
A friend recently came back from a trip, and took many photos (about 1000) and some short movie clips (about 4). He has taken out the 'good' photos and wants to make them into a slideshow with captions of the images and movies included at end, with background music. He has asked me to do this for him.

Basically he wants to be able to click on a movie file and let it play from there.

Something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKBrcfqP0w but with the captions on the photos.

I am wondering what software would be best to do such thing? Looks like it's done on a mac to me... I only have windows :D

Thanks in advance.
:D :D :D :D

Paul.Cov
24-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Depends a bit on whether or not your mate expects to pop a disc into a DVD palyer, or play from a PC.

Powerpoint will do most of what you want very easily, but limits playback to PC's.

Alternative is the usual range of video editting suites, with a steeper learning curve, to burn a properly authored DVD.

Friends are great at expecting you to conjure up a free solution to their unreasonable expectations... and do the work as well.

Speedy Gonzales
24-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Depending on what version of windows, DVD movie maker can do this. You can add pics and background sound. And video. Its what I used to make a slideshow of my sister's wedding photos

Chilling_Silence
24-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Microsoft released some free software called "Photo Story". It will do exactly what you want and its *dead simple* to use too!!

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11132

sahilcc7
24-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks I'll check the programs out tomorrow.

Bobh
25-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Give Windows Movie Maker a go

sahilcc7
25-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Yep, I'll probably do it in Movie Maker/Photo Story/DVD maker as all are pretty much the same... Now just need to find out how to do the captions for the photo's.... Maybe I'll do that separately and then add them all in to the Movie program.

Chilling_Silence
26-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Actually Photo Story is designed for just that, photos.
Movie maker is designed more for video clips, though you can still use photos.