PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64bit.. cant view pictures or video in media center

G-Boy
23-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi there. I cant seem to view pictures or vidioes in media center. They are in my shared folders, most are just the defult pictures and video that came with the pc. Windows media center shows the names of the photos and videos as if they are there, but i just cant view them. It sounds very much the same problem as the article in this post http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/664040.htm but this post is for vista. I did indeed uninstall nero off my computer as they talk about in that post, but the fix they talk of was for vista, and im not really confident in doing the registry thing. Can any body give me any other idears how I can fix this problem? I really want to try get it fixed without trying a system restore. Many thanks.
ps. They ARE all viewable in Windows media player, just not media center

Disco Dan
23-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Have you gone into the settings of Media Center and added your pictures folder? Have you tried removing the folder from the list in Media Center settings then adding it again?

That worked for me when I set up Media Center to use with Xbox... but hated the interface Media Center has with all those thumbnails etc. Much prefer a normal file tree navigation!

G-Boy
23-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Have you gone into the settings of Media Center and added your pictures folder? Have you tried removing the folder from the list in Media Center settings then adding it again?

That worked for me when I set up Media Center to use with Xbox... but hated the interface Media Center has with all those thumbnails etc. Much prefer a normal file tree navigation!

Yes I have tryed that, still no joy :(