PDA

View Full Version : lenovo 3000 n100 bad xp install - keyboard not working, 9 device drivers missing

starrekin61
19-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi. I was just given a Lenovo 3000 n100 (prod. i.d.# - 97684JU) laptop that had crashed. If I can fix it, it's mine. Yay!

Problem: Keyboard does not work. It has a fresh install of XP with Service pack 2 - which I believe was taken off a disk labelled XP Pro Svc pk 2, w/sata drivers for gateway - key preloaded - which was in dvd drive.

In device manager under other devices there is a list of devices marked as uninstalled drivers -
3 base system devices,
fingerprint sensor,
foxconn bluetooth 2.0 plus EDR,
Network Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

The registered to in properties of My Computer has all the symbols for two lines. I have figured by trial and error that the keyboard is not working. USB keyboard and mouse do work.

I have a XP Pro cd, version 2002, unopened that I can use to reinstall the operating system - however this one I believe is for a compaq/hp pc.

My question: should I download all Lenovo drivers to a flash drive, and do I need anything special during install?

will computer recognize usb keyboard and mouse if i am formatting and reinstalling opsys?

I am thinking that maybe with the disk they used that may be the reason why the keyboard does not work.

Or can I just install the drivers needed from the lenovo site, and then fix the "registered to" and "users" in the registry?

what would be my best bet here?

thanks for the help here.