PDA

View Full Version : Peformance of Laptop

Nhashon
19-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Recently i have noticed , the performance of my HP DV6 Laptop has down slightly , say for e.g . when i got this pc , the whole system took only 20 seconds to loaded but now it takes about 30 seconds for loading up and shutdown down .

Some specifications of laptop are ;

- 4GM
- 2.00 i7 Processor
-Windows 7 ,64 bit
-AVG free edition but i have recently downloaded norton 360 beta 6.0 just for trial
- CC Cleaner

So there you go , i have tried to use cc cleaner to do registry clean up and and for normal clean up of unused files , plus used avg and norton to scan for viruses and pc tuneup , norton did seem to help me just a bit but still performance is still down .

I also have about 63 programs on my laptop. Thats about 2.70 GB which my system tells

What changes you think i should make ?

wratterus
19-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Remove Norton.

Put on a trial of NOD32 and see what you think.

http://download.eset.com/special/live-installer/eset_nod32_antivirus_live_installer.exe

PeterQ
19-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Do you think you need 2 avs, there could be a conflict

19-10-2011, 01:19 PM
the whole system took only 20 seconds to loaded but now it takes about 30 seconds for loading up and shutdown down .

What changes you think i should make ?

Perhaps a change to your expectations ( only kidding ) :)
You are worried about a 10sec increase to startup/shutdown :banana

Every extra program, printer, AV, etc etc can increase startup times.
I think most would be happy with 30sec startup time , 30sec to load win ??, seems quite fast....

The HP's have all sorts of preloaded crap (yes crap ie Alot toolbar, demo versions of software etc etc etc)
A cleanout of installed programs is the 1st step

Cheers