PDA

View Full Version : WordPress not Starting

pepper2
12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I seem to solve one problem only for another to surface.
My previous threads may be relevant
.net Framework 4 Failed to install
Ram High Usage

I have followed all the advice given.
I have uninstalled Norton 365 and replaced it with Security Essentials and a full scan produced no items in the report.
The computer is running OK with plenty of Ram available.

However I have just gone back to do some work on Wordpress and it will not start now.
I follow the usual procedure of starting Web Matrix, selecting my site, pressing run on the next menu and Localhost starts.
It now fails to find the URL and reports accordingly. Back to Web Matrix to read the error file which I repeat below

<?php
/**
* Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
* wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
* @package WordPress
*/

/**
* Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
* @var bool
*/
define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require('./wp-blog-header.php');
?>

I am not familiar with PHP so I do not know if this is the problem or not.
Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated.

Chilling_Silence
12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd suggest checking the paths, as well as making sure that PHP is loading on your webserver :)

pepper2
12-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks
The path may be in error.

This is what I get by following systematically C:/Users/username/My Documents/My Site/wordpress
This what webmatrix shows C:/Users/username/Documents/My Site/wordpress
The question is What do I change to correct this error.

dpDesignz
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
try xamp?

pepper2
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I am fast coming to the same idea.
However when I first set it up it worked OK

Chilling_Silence
12-10-2011, 07:47 PM
You mean xampp? ;-)

pepper2
16-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Sorry for a late reply.

No I meant that Wordpress worked OK when I first installed it using the microSoft setup, ILS, WebMatrix, .net Framework4, etc.

I have been looking at other Windows 7 64 bit problems on this forum and I have noticed a repeating factor.
My problems seem to have started with the Adobe updater when I was installing Framework.

Since then things have escalated from bad news to very bad news. My CD/DVD is no longer recognised and I have been throuigh various ways to get it working again. Reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling and letting the computetr find new hardware on startup, etc. etc. All to no avail.

I cannot restore the computer to factory defaults using the recovery disks for obvious reasons and the System Restore system does not go back far enough to be of any use. My USB drives work OK.

Thank you for your interest.

The computer is under guarrantee so I am going to send it back to see if they can get the CD/DVD drive to work.

dpDesignz
16-10-2011, 09:11 PM
If you want to try one more thing, if you haven't already, I recommend trying to re install your drivers in Safe Mode. It always works for me.