PDA

View Full Version : Wanted a clock that sits above Windows media player full screen

Gobe1
11-10-2011, 04:58 PM
HI
I have a tv that sits in our new reception and instead of a clock on the wall i am wondering if we could have a clock on the tv

We have some movies in full screen which rotate over and over

Does any one know of a small program like a gadget the would display a clock in the corner of the screen?
It would have to be able to sit over a full screen movie (like fraps can)

TIA
gobe1

wainuitech
11-10-2011, 07:14 PM
If you are playing the movies Via windows 7 the clock gadget can be made to be "always on top" and you can move it where ever you want.

Gobe1
11-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Wainui. Thanks
I can recreate what you have shown but if you click full screen so the windows taskbar and everything is hidden (i know i know) the clock disappears
I may just have to have the taskbar showing ....

R.M.
11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
OTT - but I love that pic, Wainui. :) Where is that?

Lawrence
11-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Right click your clock,select "Always on Top"

wainuitech
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
OTT - but I love that pic, Wainui. :) Where is that? Oh thats just down the road about a mile or two and around the corner :D

Ok--maybe not -- its "Pandora" -- approx 30 seconds into the movie Avatar.

Back on topic

One thing I did try actually going full screen - but the clock went bye byes :crying, even with "Aways on top" But you can get away by hiding the task bar, and spreading the window out to full screen ( see attachment) - you then get a black "frame" around the screen. Standing back a bit you wouldn't even notice it. ( I changed that gadget to stay on top normally it would disappear if playing a DVD).

Thats with potplayer -- some other media players do have the ability to hide the controls - I'm sure Potplayer does as well, just never looked for them.

OTT - One thing I like about potplayer is you can manually adjust the screen size to suit, remove the black lines that some movies have.

Edited: Second screen shot below --- Same movie, in WMP - controls auto hide, taskbar auto hide - gadget visible. :)

R.M.
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh thats just down the road about a mile or two and around the corner :D

Ok--maybe not -- its "Pandora" -- approx 30 seconds into the movie Avatar.

Thanks for the info. Right - 'Himself' has that dvd - haven't watched it. Looks a lot like the West Coast or perhaps even the Catlins....

Gobe1
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Good idea Wainui :thumbs: i will hide the taskbar

Cheers

+1 on the picture LOL

wainuitech
11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
See the other screen shot I edited in --- WMP -- even better, look close along the top and you can see the normal window buttons, close etc --- Bit of fiddling about and you could get it better still I suspect.

Just a thought --- if the desktop was black, you wouldn't even see those through the transparent window, they would be just about invisible.

Poppa John
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
OTT - but I love that pic, Wainui. :) Where is that?

Pre-European Rotorua? PJ

Gobe1
13-10-2011, 09:46 AM
SOLVED: hey guys just had one of our electrical guys here solve this
downloaded rainmeter open mediaplayer go full screen, alt tab and clock comes to the front :Yippeee