PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Digital Photos

16-10-2001, 02:02 PM
I am looking for a software program that I can use to put together a set of photos from a kids sports tournament onto a CD and send to the kids .
It needs to meet the following criteria, simple to use, able to enter text before or beside each photo so I can give a description of what is happening, can't require any special software to view it as kids may not have any more than Win 95. should have forward and backwards type arrows to move through the photos. Able to be put onto CD with the photos so they can just put the CD into their CD Drive and start it
Anyone Got any suggestions ?

16-10-2001, 03:07 PM
Hello Gavin,
www.download.com and in the search panel type photo album,
there quite a few freebies there that should be worth a try. To tranfer to a cd, you will need a computer with a CD writer installed, a blank CD-R, or CD-RW disc. its a simple matter of drop and dragging, or transfering the photos to the disc, and the software that ships with writer, will set the disc, so that it can be read on all windows computers.

16-10-2001, 03:25 PM
Try making a webpage for them?
Similar to the offline PCWorld disc.

16-10-2001, 11:33 PM
Thanks for that Bob, I guess I haven't really given enough details so far on what I am after, I have tried a couple of programs from download.com , one required flash ver 8 (photojam), and the other USD$19.95 (snap Album) to be able to use the program properly, I didn't want something that would require the kids to have to download special software or pay to use properly as for the non computer literate it would be too hard . The problem with just dragging and dropping photos onto a CD is that I can't add text or a description to each photo to say what it is .Even renaming the photos with a description is too limiting. I don'thave enough knowledge of web page design to create an offline web page like the PC World one. The photo act like a diary of happenings on each day for example I have 20 photos from one day i would like to have a description of what happened first in the day and then have the photos associated with that activity displayed , for each photo I could name the people in it .
I know my needs are quite specific, I was hoping someone may have used a program themselves they could recommend

17-10-2001, 09:57 AM
Hello, gavin
yes see what you mean now, How about using word, or works, as most computers have these programs installed, the photos can be copied into these, and you would easliy be able to type a story.
then save it to the CD
cheers,
Bob