PDA

View Full Version : RE:Scanner/Internet Connection Problem

15-10-2001, 09:55 PM
Thanks....I couldn't find an exclamation mark under the device manger. Should it matter which of the two plugs the scanner is plugged into? Will I have to reload the scanner software?

Kind Regards

Johnny

------------------

Open the device manager (by right clicking on my computer and selecting properties), look for an exclamation mark, this indicates there is a hardware conflict and should be reconfigured.

-----------------

Hi,
I am Just a bit stuck here. I have a Mustek 1200 UB scanner which plugs straight into the computer tower (it does not require its own power plug). The problem is that whenever the scanner is plugged in, the internet refuses to connect. Any suggestions as to the problem and what I can do about it?

16-10-2001, 12:14 AM
i'm not too much help but I don't think your usb is installed properly. Another way to get to device manager is by holding down the 'windows key' and then pressing the 'pause/break key'

Although you don't say what o/s you are using, generally a yellow exclamation key means there is a fault hapening, the only thing I can think of is that the usb is using the same irq as the modem!

One thing you can do with 'Device Manager' is click on the radio button to 'view by connection' which should give you ( it's late... I might be wrong ) and see the irq and dma.

JP :-)