PDA

View Full Version : internet options

15-10-2001, 09:02 PM
When I try and access internet options, the dialouge box pops up with 'This operation has been cacelled due to restrictions in effect '.

What can I do to access internet options.

15-10-2001, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a policy-editor has been used. To fix this, you will need to go to start > run > and type in 'regedit'. Then you will need to find the option to disable IE options.

15-10-2001, 10:46 PM
This behavior can occur if the Inetcpl.cpl file is missing from the Windows \System or %SystemRoot%\System32 folder or if a restriction is set on the NoBrowserOptions Windows registry value.

To fix this extract a new copy of the Inetcpl.cpl file from the Internet Explorer distribution files, or reinstall Internet Explorer.

If replacing the Inetcpl.cpl file does not resolve the problem, open regedit (start, run, type regedit)and then locate the following key:
hkey_current_user / software / policies / microsoft / internet explorer / restrictions
If a value called NoBrowserOptions exists, delete this value and restart the machine.

16-10-2001, 07:31 PM
And if this is on the computer at work, your computer administrative people don't want you doing that!

21-10-2001, 05:10 PM
Thanks for your help.

'No browser options' was set to 1.

I deleted this and restarted, all is well.

21-10-2001, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your help.

21-10-2001, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your help.