PDA

View Full Version : Got Robbed

pctek
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
In the mall this morning doing grocery shopping with granddaughter.
On the way out stopped at her favourite chinese shop, we bought two colouring books, put them in trolley parked right by stand by door at shop, near counter.
Turned round to get her, she had another ball (has a obsession with buying balls), turned back and someone had nicked the shopping trolley and contents.

Shop guy didn't see, cause of course, he was watching granddaughter too.

No-one in the shops opposite or next door saw either apparently. Or the people in the shop or walking by.

$164 down the toilet.
Mall security have cameras and probably footage but won't help - might show someone leaving with it, but and? Who, where did they go?

I did go straight out the door looking, cause it was near one of the exits, but no sign.

I would have smacked them one if I had seen them and caught them.
Take stuff off people attending to little kids.............she lost a plastic dinosaur and the colouring books, quite upset about that.......

SP8's
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Get the Police involved and ask them to check the security camera footage ... once you have identified the thief ... PM me with his details & I will pay him a visit ... :cool:

icow
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
That's pretty low. Sorry to hear that.

KarameaDave
01-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Bum deal. :(

WalOne
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Mall security have cameras and probably footage but won't help - might show someone leaving with it, but and? Who, where did they go?

So why do they have cameras anyway, and what do they use them for? :mad:

Hope the wee one is OK :)

lakewoodlady
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
That's a horrible thing to happen! Something may show on the security footage. Yeah makes you wanna smack 'em one alright!
So, I guess then you had to go buy more groceries.

LL

Cato
01-10-2011, 03:38 PM
So why do they have cameras anyway, and what do they use them for? :mad:

For insurance, when they themselves get robbed.

Bobh
01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Let's hope that they catch the culprit. There is a chance that he was caught on camera. You see this sort of thing on Police ten-7. The more people that see the clip, the better the chance that he will be recognised.

Gobe1
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Bastards!

pctek
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah makes you wanna smack 'em one alright!
So, I guess then you had to go buy more groceries.

LL

Oh yeah, I sure would have if I had seen them. Then I would have been i the cop shop being charged I suppose, instead of reporting a theft.
They gave me a nice piece of paper.

I guess the cameras may help sometimes, but in this case I doubt it.

Nope. The budget is the budget. We also had to go to a school fair and pay for pony rides, bouncy castle and all that.

Still, could be worse, made me think of that case in the UK where the kid got pinched and killed by those other kids.

FoxyMX
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Dirty rotten bas... scumbags. :mad: :mad:

At least you didn't have your purse or bag hanging on or in the trolley like so many women do. That would really make your day.

--Wolf--
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
+1 to never leaving bag/wallet/purse in your trolley.

Used to see trolleys go missing all the time at the supermarket. The trolley was found, but the persons personal belongings that they left in it weren't.

Sorry to hear pctek