PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has experience with ebay customer support?

Question
30-09-2011, 11:21 PM
It looks like the US customer support can't be reached except via phone calls now...they pretty much removed email contact options for...well...almost everything....any ideas on how to contact them without making expensive international calls?

Agent_24
30-09-2011, 11:29 PM
No idea, haven't needed to use it ... yet.

A quick look at their support page doesn't look hopeful.

What do you need to contact them for?

Question
01-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I had an item stuck in a weird state where i didnt get any option to make payment using paypal. In the end the seller had to send me an invoice through paypal directly, but im not sure if its covered by ebay buyer protection anymore.

Agent_24
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Odd, never had that one happen.

I guess if you needed to make a claim you'd soon find out if it was covered or not ...

Pretty bad if you can't just ask them easily though.

Question
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Yea, the stuff on ebay is a lot better than trademe though, and you dont have to pay a silly $10 fee to list your item there, or pay for a photo to show in search results.

I seriously dont know why trademe was invented in the first place. Why didnt people just use ebay and list the item as from new zealand?

Agent_24
01-10-2011, 01:29 PM
No idea, but maybe it's because eBay.co.nz just takes you to eBay USA whenever you do anything.

Cicero
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Yea, the stuff on eBay is a lot better than trademe though, and you don't have to pay a silly $10 fee to list your item there, or pay for a photo to show in search results.

I seriously don't know why trademe was invented in the first place. Why didn't people just use eBay and list the item as from new Zealand?

We like it local where poss. Right or wrong!