PDA

View Full Version : Google calendar sync daylight savings weirdness

wratterus
30-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Just discovered an interesting issue, probably explains why I've been early all week! :waughh:

Using google calendar, syncing to outlook using google calendar sync - on 5+ PCs too, so it's not just this one PC.

If an event is created on google calendar, when it is sync'd to outlook it is an hour early, so the 1:00 appt shows in outlook as being 12:00. Even weirder though, is the reminder - this is set to 15 mins before the appointment - outlook doesn't notify you about the appointment it thinks you have at 12:00 until 12:45, but it tells you that you're 45 mins late to it. :confused:

During the week I was starting to think I was going a bit bonkers, so I'm kind of pleased there is something wrong with the calendar. :D

Unless google has found a ripple in the space-time continuum, I think there is an issue with the google side of the syncing program...all the DST settings are correct on the PCs in question, and if an event is created in outlook it syncs back to google correctly.

Is anyone else using this same setup or having similar problems? It's got me stumped! :p

Thanks. :D

gary67
30-09-2011, 10:36 AM
When I tried Google calendar sync to sync my outlook calendar about 18 months ago all the appointments that I had set up in Outlook got moved forwards half an hour in the Google calendar. I had hoped that this would get fixed but I haven't tried it since and I can see by the looks of it that it might have got worse not better, which is a pity as I was thinking of using it again.

wratterus
30-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah it's generally pretty good - this is the first major issue we've had (that wasn't our fault) after a couple of years of use.

Chilling_Silence
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah Outlook doesn't sync nice with anything but Exchange. Just be happy you aren't trying to sync an iPhone directly with Outlook ;-)