PDA

View Full Version : Ripping CDs to play on Panasonic home theatre system

Richard Morriss
28-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I have just purchased a Panasonic home theatre system, partly with a view to copying my CDs onto a USB memory stick with my computer and playing the music from the memory stick on the home theatre system. I have ripped a couple of CDs onto the stick using Windows Media Player in mp3 format (which the home theatre system supports). The CDs appear on the stick complete in their folders and will play fine using WMP on the computer. The home theatre system, when I go to "Music" and then "USB" options only plays songs on the first CD I ripped onto the stick and will not show any folder names or give me any alternatives. The home theatre menu while playing those songs has an option to press "Options" which it says will show the folder list, but not so. What do I need to do to get the home theatre to list the folders on the stick and allow me to choose which one I want to play songs from? Do I need to change the folder name to something the home theatre system will recognise? Help!

dugimodo
28-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Some players have trouble reading file structures, or only allow a certain number of nested folders (folders inside folders). By default windows uses /artist/album type structure, try just copying the album folders to the root directory of the flash drive (not inside seperate artist folders) and see if that works, or maybe put all the songs on the root directory without folders at all. The manual really should have something about this if there are such limitations. THe usb playback of your system is probably fairly limited in its features, assuming it includes a DVD player with MP3 capabilities burning MP3 CD's may even work better.

Paul.Cov
28-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I've never bothered with MP3 or CD's in my Panny, but I can assure you that from a DVD point of view they are very stubborn players regarding the supported file structures and standards, and that it is not ok to simply drop a bunch of files into any old folder.

Best to study the user manual word by word, if you can survive all the techno-babble in there.

The only other help I can give is that on mine the functions (context) of the Options button varies a lot depending on whether you're playing a title or viewing a folder/artist, or in Stop mode.

Speedy Gonzales
28-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Use something like cdburnerXP (http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download). Get the one without opencandy. Make an audio CD