PDA

View Full Version : Im not old enough! lol

beetle
27-09-2011, 05:03 PM
trying to make a gmail email addy for my son........... and it keeps spitting back at me im not old enough....

we tried with his birthdate, mine and it still doesnt make a difference....... then it spits at me my 9 character password is not big enough...... maybe we just having a bad day...lol

we just need a email addy...... a chuck away one preferably,

any suggestions?

or is gmail defunct cos its all google whatsit now?

beetle

Snorkbox
27-09-2011, 05:06 PM
What username do you want?

beetle
27-09-2011, 05:10 PM
um the username is available...........

if you want to have a go, ill pm you....... lol

other wise....... i cant work out why it wont work :)

off to make dinner ill come back and check in eh?
beetle

Snorkbox
27-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Yep. Send me a PM.

With user name and password.

beetle
27-09-2011, 05:35 PM
no doesnt work at all thats why i asking :)

we tried his details
we tried my details........ neither worked.......

beetle

wainuitech
27-09-2011, 05:51 PM
What ya doing willis ( as they would say in the TV program different strokes) :p

just made one up, entered some details, they sent the verification code to my cell phone and away it went.

just check on the date format you enter --- Is American remember - they always do things backwards, they have Month / Day / Year, where as the rest of us have day/month /year

So the birthdates could be Example: 06/30/1960 ( and no thats not mine) :lol: June 30th 1960

beetle
27-09-2011, 05:53 PM
yeah i did that................ but it said i was too young......... lol

i love the idea of being too young, but the boy is asking is it here yet!!!!!!!!!!!! driving me nutty.... lol

but dinner was yum..home made burgers always taste betta........:)

beetle
27-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Nope i cant get it to do with a random no name at all thingy............. it is still spitting up i am too young.

grrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

Jen
27-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Use a different browser and try again. For example, if you normally use Firefox then use Internet Explorer. Maybe a cookie issue.

wainuitech
27-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I'll make the same offer Snok did, if you want someone to try for you, send a PM with: (theres a couple of things needed),

1.the alternative email address you have for recovery,
2.user name and password you want -- assuming its created OK then you can change the password later should you want.

I get that all the time, go to customers places -- "oh you remember my password dont you" :waughh: lots of customers over a year, ---:rolleyes: I Dont record or remember others passwords on purpose.

Only a few people are recorded at their request.

beetle
27-09-2011, 06:50 PM
:waughh::crying

well we tried something new..................and we have a new email addy........ not the details i previously tried......and alas i had to go back to IE........

thanks for all the help........ this has been such a stress annoying evening with people standing over me saying ready yet!!!!!!!!

but we have mail............ not as we know it....... but yeah i still have hair......

:stare:
i now remeber why i had been putting this off....:p

a very big thanks......... and have a chocolate fish on me !

we will see how long it lasts before he bungs up my inbox eh.......

beetle

Paul.Cov
27-09-2011, 07:11 PM
All this reminds me of the bollox that Yahoo put me through years ago when trying to create a profile.

It's also a good reminder why I STILL won't go anywhere near a Yahoo related site or group.

If it's this much bollox just to register, imagine how much bollox it is to maintain and navigate... reason unough to take your profile elsewhere.

beetle
27-09-2011, 07:15 PM
????????? not sure that i get your drift Paul.......

we have it pop to OE and its just email........... never gave him the option of anything else.......:D

:D i dont have to tell him everything eh......... and if it goes to my inbox i can watch his bussiness .:)

R2x1
27-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Mothers are mean :D