PDA

View Full Version : Razor keyboards and mouse

DeSade
27-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Has anyone used the Razor line of products.

I have been having some performance issues with my latest Logitech keyboard, the build quality does not seem to be the same as it was, this and the fact my mouse is due for replacement has me looking elsewhere.

It would be good to hear from anyone using Razor stuff.

Fifthdawn
27-09-2011, 09:04 PM
I have had 3 razor mice, the first one was stolen out of my mail box, so I cant really tell you much about that one. The second one I had for around a year before it was taken during a burglary, my third one I got in 2010 and it still works perfectly although the paint/surface on the side buttons has become somewhat worn (only to be expected after years of use).

Some people complain that the products are "highly priced" and have "issues with quality control". Personally I have never seen this manifest its self apart from the wired/wireless model which seems to have an issue where windows ejects the device at random while it is in wired mode.

As an aside I know several people who have purchased razor products over time and none of them have had issues apart from the wired/wireless problem (Razer mamba from memory).
Out of the following Razer products (not all mine) only one has broken;
2x Headsets
2x Razer Krait (one broke after ~5years)
3x Razer Mamba (all three have the issue)
2x Razer Naga
2x Razer Anisi (keyboard)
1x Razer Imperator
3x Razer Lachesis.
1x Razer copperhead

Of course your expectations might vary on what is acceptable price and quality control wise but in my opinion Razer gear lasts well. :2cents:

DeSade
27-09-2011, 09:45 PM
For the most part I don't care what they cost.
I expect to pay around $250 for a good keyboard or mouse but more if its necessary.

I want the best quality and the best usage I can get, I replace regularly also so longevity is a secondary requirement. 2 or 3 years is enough.

Shame about the Mamba, that one really caught my eye as the best mouse, might have to consider the Naga instead.

inphinity
27-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I had a Mamba (mouse) and Carcharias (headset), awesome performance... sadly, quality lacking. Had both replaced under warranty inside 2 months, and gave up.Replaced them with a G700 and G35 respectively, and much happier. Supplier said they were surprised at the failures as they reckon they normally are low, so maybe I just got unlucky - or maybe I'm a bit harder than most on peripherals and the extra toughness in Logitech means they stand up better :P

If they had not had faults, I would probably still use them. That said, I've found the replacement items even better.

I am still using the mousepad I bought with them, a Razer Goliathus, and it's probably the best mouse pad I've ever used, if that helps.

DeSade
27-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Its a shame about Logitech, while this new board feels sturdy its not handling being used all day every day like my old G15 did, and the G9 lasted for a good long while too but its time to replace that so might as well do both since I am unhappy with the keyboard.

Fifthdawn
27-09-2011, 10:41 PM
My mouse was carted around with my laptop for 2 years of uni in a backpack, and has been dropped onto a concrete driveway (walking to the car with the mouse balanced onto of the laptop) 2 or 3 times, apart from a few light scratches and minor exterior damage it is completely fine. I wouldn't claim by any means to say that this is the normal user experience in regards to how well the equipment lasts but I am definitely going to replace it with another Razer mouse. I hope whatever your decision is you have a good experience :D.

qazwsxokmijn
27-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I currently have a Razer Mamba mouse and a Razer Blackwidow keyboard. Both are great products, the keyboard especially. It feels nice and solid, and is just a delight to type with being a mechanical keyboard (some people have issues with the noise it makes, but I personally don't mind it). I'd like to say the same thing for the Mamba, though it is a nice performing mouse it doesn't share the same solid feeling as the keyboard. The Mamba also have issues with the scroll wheel squeaking, which can be fixed by oiling it (though opening it up is a pain). Obviously you should not expect to have this sort of problem for a $200 mouse, so that's a huge letdown from Razer.

Also had a Lycosa Mirror keyboard, which is a very nice looking keyboard, and was comfortable to use as well. Overall, I'd recommend most Razer products only if money wasn't an issue. They do tend to be overpriced.

DeSade
27-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I am not sold on the Mamba as yet, seems a little flakey.
Pleased to hear the widow is good as that is on my shortlist along with that new Star Wars one thats coming out.