PDA

View Full Version : MS built in card games.

Bryan
27-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I am running two PCs. One has XP, the other WIN7.

THe XP games are so go damn horrible after WIN7 so, is it possible to upgrade the XP games to WIN7? I think the answer will be no but I just wondered.

Speedy Gonzales
27-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Dont think so. But you can run the XP games on Win7. All you do is copy the folders to Win7. Works fine. You can also play Holdem on Win7 (from Vista). But you need to download the file/s off the net. Since, it includes registry files. So it'll work properly

Digby
27-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Slightly off topic, but there has been a sort of bug/glitch in MS Freecell for years.

I love Freecell, but sometimes when you move a card in the piles at the bottom and it reveals a card that can be moved up to one of the 4 the build-up piles at the top right, they don't automatically move up.

Indeed I wish they would make that automatically go on to the 4 piles an option, thereby allowing you to miss it.

Paul.Cov
27-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Slightly off topic, but there has been a sort of bug/glitch in MS Freecell for years.

I love Freecell, but sometimes when you move a card in the piles at the bottom and it reveals a card that can be moved up to one of the 4 the build-up piles at the top right, they don't automatically move up.

Indeed I wish they would make that automatically go on to the 4 piles an option, thereby allowing you to miss it.

It depends on the circumstances, but it is not always the best move to shift every card up as soon as it's possible.

An example would be if you had the 3 of hearts able to be moved up onto the 2 of hearts. If the 2 of spades (or 2 of clubs) was not already up in the piles, and there was no Ace of spades or clubs to take these black cards, then you are better off keeping your red 3 in play so that the black 2 can be placed on top of it.

Essentially the game is leaving this choice open for you by not moving all cards up immediately that the option is there.

Bryan
27-09-2011, 03:35 PM
You can also use Control Z to undo the moves too.