PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana decriminalisation

bk T
25-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't expect this man to support this! Story here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/5680574/Brash-backs-marijuana-decriminalisation).

KarameaDave
25-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Expect what you like, you can't dispute his logic. :D

pcuser42
25-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Hell no to legalisation!

hover
25-09-2011, 11:16 PM
if u smoke weed u are a junkie and a loser.

you deserve to go to jail.

bottom line

plod
25-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Although I don't believe it should be legal, decriminalising it has lots of merit. And Hover you have it so wrong

Chilling_Silence
25-09-2011, 11:50 PM
So because "the majority of New Zealanders think that" the Copyright amendments are ass, as well as the anti-smacking law, does that mean we should now remove them both? Or go one step further and remove all copyright related laws in NZ?

His logic is seriously flawed...

Cato
25-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Weed is no worse than alcohol. And smoking is far worse, yet very legal.
I'm all for it.

Cato
25-09-2011, 11:58 PM
if u smoke weed u are a junkie and a loser.

you deserve to go to jail.

bottom line

We have far worse than stoners walking our streets, isn't it better if the cops put their efforts, funding and time into something worthwhile?
(Obviously they will still go after drug dealers and peddlers if de-criminalized, just not after stoners)

pctek
26-09-2011, 07:11 AM
if u smoke weed u are a junkie

Junkie....LOL. It's not addictive.

I have no particular opinion on the proposal, probably not I'd say, just because all the kids would start on it, like the Kronic stuff.

prefect
26-09-2011, 07:30 AM
He just trying the populist route after years as a pariah
The users are losers and deserve more punishment if caught with the poison rather than less.
And I favour execution for growers of commercial quantities of the stuff not lethal injection but hanging

baabits
26-09-2011, 07:52 AM
The users are losers and deserve more punishment if caught with the poison rather than less.
And I favour execution for growers of commercial quantities of the stuff not lethal injection but hanging

Amen to that.

I lost my brother to excessive Marijuana and Alcohol. He's now a mindless dodo who can't do a single thing for more than one minute, and my aging father has to look after him while he barely hangs on to his recycling job, standing there talking to himself all day.

I hate it when political types like that idiot try to use policy that would appeal to some of us younger people to try and round up support for a pathetic campaign anyway.

Chilling_Silence
26-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Weed is no worse than alcohol. And smoking is far worse, yet very legal.

Excellent, lets criminalize those as well then.

pcuser42
26-09-2011, 08:31 AM

We're well on the way :p

Trev
26-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Just to excuse my ignorance, is cannabis and marijuana the same thing.
:)

bk T
26-09-2011, 09:16 AM

At last, you agree with Lee Kuan Yew! LOL

dugimodo
26-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Why do people always try to drag others down with them? Alcohol is one issue and weed is another, each must be evaluated on it's own merits and has nothing to do with the other.
Weed is absolutely addictive, just like cigarettes are. Saying otherwise is living in lala land. Alcohol on the other hand is not addictive for the vast majority of people, alcoholics are the exception not the rule.
Abusing any substance will cause you and your family problems regardless of legality, if you need to chemically retreat from the world you have a problem.

There are good arguments on both sides of this one, difficult to decide really. On the one hand weed supports criminal activities and the current law does nothing to stop it's widespread recreational use, so legalising it really just takes money off the criminals.
On the other hand the criminals will just move on to selling worse things if weed is made legal. There are other arguments as well of course.

Heavy smokers labour under the illusion it has no ill effects on them and they have it under control, they have no Idea just how obviously screwed up they are to the eyes of a rational observer. It's like that guy who comes up to you at a party, bloodshot eyes, unsteady walk, slurred speech, and says "dude this weed is bullshit, it's doing nothing I'm straight as" ... then proceeds to fall over backwards into a bush and lay there laughing his arse off.

I think it's a personal choice, and for adults I don't really care as long as they don't hurt anyone. But how do we keep it from the kids and teenagers, especially if it's made legal. I remember a scientist who said there is a chemical your brain producers as a teen that it never makes again so you get your entire supply of it for life as a teen. Weed apparently inhibits it's production and therefore has a permanent effect on you if you smoke it as a teenager. He was campaining saying I don't care if you use it , just please wait until you're at least past your teen years.

prefect
26-09-2011, 09:29 AM
At last, you agree with Lee Kuan Yew! LOL
My wife loves him

goodiesguy
26-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Just to excuse my ignorance, is cannabis and marijuana the same thing.

yes.

Metla
26-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Weed is absolutely addictive, just like cigarettes are. Saying otherwise is living in lala land.

yeah nah,thats dribble.

Weed and nicotine are nothing alike in regards to addictiveness.

dugimodo
26-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Not alike certainly, but both addictive which was the point. It seems I was wrong about that though, apparently it's not all that addictive.
Definately screws you up if you're a heavy user though.

Gobe1
26-09-2011, 10:24 AM
if you need to chemically retreat from the world you have a problem.

I have never heard it put like that before.....It helps me sleep

Marnie
26-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I lost a cousin to drugs. She started on 'harmless' marijuana, naturally I am very much against it.

I also have an American friend who was smoking it in the 60's at university/college and beyond. He sees nothing wrong with it. I keep telling him he was lucky that there were no pushers back then. Two of his kids have been in very big trouble through drug use and over there they don't punish people with a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket.

Just an aside, when I first read the headlines that stated something like....Legalising Cannabis.... I misread it as legalising cannibalism!!

26-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Junkie....LOL. It's not addictive.

of course it is . Not physically addictive, but mentally addictive.
Thats why we all know or knew someone who's life revolves around weed, & who cannot/will not go without
I know plenty of stoners who light up 1st thing in the morning, every morning(except when they run out)
Legalise & they will be stoned 24 hours a day, every day
Legalise & you are normalizing it, saying its OK.
Legalising it will make it much cheaper, so cheap that you kids can easily afford it
The main factor in limiting its sale & use in schools, is its cost.

Just because booze is bad , that doesnt mean that dope is automatically OK. A typical stoner argument, their brain cells are so burnt out they cant come up with descent reasons.
Ive seen the long term effects on people Ive known.
It leaves them punch drunk.

Scouse
26-09-2011, 01:23 PM
The half-wit Brash is beating an empty drum. He can promise to change all things but will never be in a power position to change anything. His whole political future depends now on the other half-wit Banks who used to be mayor of Auckland and who, as a former Minister of Police, opposes Brash completely.

KarameaDave
26-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Alcohol has similar issues and is promoted in this country extensively.
Imagine bringing in prohibition for that!
What a bonus for organised crime that would be!

Legalise all these drugs, police would be suddenly
able to investigate real crimes and our taxes would decrease.

Win-Win I reckon:devil

Snorkbox
26-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm for the status quo.

prefect
26-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm for the status quo.

Fence sitter lol

Snorkbox
26-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm sitting on one side of the fence!

plod
26-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm starting to wonder if some members of the forum know the difference between legalise and decriminalise

bk T
26-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Legalise all these drugs, police would be suddenly
able to investigate real crimes and our taxes would decrease.

Win-Win I reckon:devil

You reckon? How simple it is! Why our PM is so stupid as not able to see this? And, me, too, can't even imagine it! I must be a damn bl**## idiot! LOL

26-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Perhaps all drugs should be decriminalized

Incl P, heroin, esctacy, aspirin & chocolate

reasons being
1) alcohol is bad
2) the law doesnt work. People still use drugs
3) Its making drug users & sellers/dealers criminals
4) people have died from those nasty legal drugs, incl coffee
5) police resources could be better used in Parking infringements & speed traps
6) Making Alcohol cheaper & easy to get had no bad effects on society. Lesson learned. :groan:

but seriously, how can we justify decriminalizing one drug but not all the others??
Unfortunately , some(many) of the public cant be trusted with their own health & welfare. Thats why we need
laws.
:p

pctek
26-09-2011, 04:26 PM
of course it is . Not physically addictive, but mentally addictive.
Thats why we all know or knew someone who's life revolves around weed, & who cannot/will not go without

Ive seen the long term effects on people Ive known.
It leaves them punch drunk.

OK, let's make this the debate topic.
It's sure not my thing but I know a lot of people who have/do use it.

Those who don't much or at all anymore, had no problem stopping. About as hard as giving up extreme physical exercise.

Those who do use it, don't have any issues in day to day existence. They work, one or two in quite skilled jobs, have kids, mortgages, a life.

Yes there probably are some who sit about zonked all day not getting off their bums, or think they may need to progress to another drug, but then you could say the same about alcohol too.

Not all drinkers become alcoholics or take up other drugs do they?

Same thing.

Snorkbox
26-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Perhaps all drugs should be decriminalized

Incl P, heroin, esctacy, aspirin & chocolate

reasons being
1) alcohol is bad
2) the law doesnt work. People still use drugs
3) Its making drug users & sellers/dealers criminals
4) people have died from those nasty legal drugs, incl coffee
5) police resources could be better used in Parking infringements & speed traps
6) Making Alcohol cheaper & easy to get had no bad effects on society. Lesson learned. :groan:

but seriously, how can we justify decriminalizing one drug but not all the others??
Unfortunately , some(many) of the public cant be trusted with their own health & welfare. Thats why we need
laws.
:p

Reason No2 applies to all laws so let's decriminalise everything. That way we won't need prisons!

plod
26-09-2011, 04:41 PM
OK, let's make this the debate topic.
It's sure not my thing but I know a lot of people who have/do use it.

Those who don't much or at all anymore, had no problem stopping. About as hard as giving up extreme physical exercise.

Those who do use it, don't have any issues in day to day existence. They work, one or two in quite skilled jobs, have kids, mortgages, a life.

Yes there probably are some who sit about zonked all day not getting off their bums, or think they may need to progress to another drug, but then you could say the same about alcohol too.

Not all drinkers become alcoholics or take up other drugs do they?

Same thing.
+1

bk T
26-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Reason No2 applies to all laws so let's decriminalise everything. That way we won't need prisons!

And, finally, we don't need the Police - we are going to save millions of tax-payers money. Better still, we certainly don't need those people sitting at the Beehive - this will save huge, huge sum of money! What an ideal situation!

prefect
26-09-2011, 05:08 PM
And, finally, we don't need the Police - we are going to save millions of tax-payers money. Better still, we certainly don't need those people sitting at the Beehive - this will save huge, huge sum of money! What an ideal situation!
Cost billions in lung brain damage treatment

Metla
26-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Weed.

Non-addictive
Feels great
relieves pain
enhances music
costs nothing, Anyone can grow their own.
No adverse health effects

Why the hate?

Sure, some people prefer to be mildly stoned all day, some people use it as a crutch, and some people are just retarded, That doesn't make it addictive, It just tells you a few things about the people they talked to, the same people would probably be heavy users of couch medicine if they didn't have some weed to get them by.

The fact that they spend billions on making the weed look bad and come up with such pathetic results should have all the haters asking why?, what the hell is going on here? Put your brains in gear people, What is it everyone is so afraid of?

Cato
26-09-2011, 06:19 PM

I'm all for it. But since that isn't happening, we should de-criminalize Mary-Jane.

Metla has it summed up. +1.

Metla
26-09-2011, 06:25 PM
the same people would probably be heavy users of couch medicine if they didn't have some weed to get them by.

That was meant to be cough medicine, I don't know what couch medicine might be, Though it sounds awesome.

plod
26-09-2011, 06:27 PM
That was meant to be cough medicine, I don't know what couch medicine might be, Though it sounds awesome.i take couch medicine everyday after work

Cato
26-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I lost a cousin to drugs. She started on 'harmless' marijuana, naturally I am very much against it.

I also have an American friend who was smoking it in the 60's at university/college and beyond. He sees nothing wrong with it. I keep telling him he was lucky that there were no pushers back then. Two of his kids have been in very big trouble through drug use and over there they don't punish people with a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket.

Just an aside, when I first read the headlines that stated something like....Legalising Cannabis.... I misread it as legalising cannibalism!!

Because we all don't know someone who is an alcoholic...

If you look at how many casual users there are in NZ you would be very surprised. Not everyone is an addict, those who tend to be addicts are the ones who self-medicate. And were it not for weed, it would be the drink or they would end up 200kg hippos. Some people are just damned.
This isn't heroin or P.

Zippity
26-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Ever seen an attractive looking weed smoker? :devil

Metla
26-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Ever seen an attractive looking weed smoker? :devil

Yes, Many.

Done awesome jiggy with a few of them as well.

Great times.

Gobe1
26-09-2011, 06:45 PM
So are they lying when they say cocaine and p users start on weed?

Zippity
26-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes, Many.

Were you stoned at the time?

I'd love to see a photograph of an "attractive" marijuana addict.

Greven
26-09-2011, 06:52 PM
They should try to get tobacco smokers to move on to cannabis & tax it the same as tobacco - there would be plenty of money rolling in thanks to the reduced healthcare costs for smokers. Weed smokers also don't smell anywhere near as bad as tobacco smokers :yuck:

Alcohol and gambling both put a lot of money into community groups, but tobacco doesn't put any money back into the community.

Cato
26-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Everyone starts with alcohol. Weed is most accessible drug out there, cocaine is almost impossible to get in NZ. P travels in very different circles to weed, they are totally different drugs - P is an upper, MJ is a downer. They only similarities they have is that they are both illegal; were MJ legalised, taxed and government controlled all association with P, Cocaine and whatever else you can think of would end.

plod
26-09-2011, 06:58 PM
So are they lying when they say cocaine and p users start on weed?yes

Metla
26-09-2011, 07:00 PM

A persons actions aren't dictated by weed, if they are of the mentality to try P then that is their decision.I personally can't see any connection.

Some of the problem is the propaganda and lies distributed about drugs by the government and associated agencies, when people become aware of the truth about weed they then reject similar warnings about other harder drugs.

Metla
26-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Were you stoned at the time?

I'd love to see a photograph of an "attractive" marijuana addict.

Notice the difference in wording between your posts?

That aside, You stick to your delusions, I'll stick to mine. You have seen so many attractive people that have smoked weed that the numbers would probably melt your brain.

Cicero
26-09-2011, 07:15 PM
My wife loves him
Thank goodness there is one brain in the house.

Cicero
26-09-2011, 07:18 PM
The point he makes, that we are paying 150 million a year all it would seem for naught.

Zippity
26-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Notice the difference in wording between your posts?

That aside, You stick to your delusions, I'll stick to mine. You have seen so many attractive people that have smoked weed that the numbers would probably melt your brain.

I have yet to see an attractive weed smoker. Do you have a photograph of one?

Is that any clearer for you?

KarameaDave
26-09-2011, 07:44 PM
There are many attractive weeds...
smoking them may preserve them for a time

I suppose...

Metla
26-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Is that any clearer for you?

I think its amazing that you have been blind from birth and yet can still use a computer.

it doesn't matter how little you rephrase your question or statements the level of stupidity and delusion inherent in it doesn't change.

An answer to that would be have to be as stupid as the question.

Zippity
26-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I think its amazing that you have been blind from birth and yet can still use a computer.

it doesn't matter how little you rephrase your question or statements the level of stupidity and delusion inherent in it doesn't change.

An answer to that would be have to be as stupid as the question.

Hey, I've got a better idea.

Why not make this a personal attack on me. Which House rule did you break in the process?

Feelling better now? :) :)

Isn't it amaking how that stuff curdles your brain? :banana:banana:banana

plod
26-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Is that any clearer for you? Not speaking for Metla but I think the point he was making was you wouldn't know if someone was a pot smoker if you fell over one.

Metla
26-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey, I've got a better idea.

Why not make this a personal attack on me. Which House rule did you break in the process?

Feelling better now? :) :)

Isn't it amaking how that stuff curdles your brain? :banana:banana:banana

I don't see how I made it against you?, I called your post stupid, which it definitely is.

Its highly likely you interact with people that have smoked weed everyday of your life, And it has no bearing on how attractive they may or may not be.

edit- I just re-read my post, You are right, I did mock you, and looking at it, its a great piece of work on my part.

pcuser42
26-09-2011, 08:36 PM
You interact with people that have smoked weed everyday of your life,

Wanna bet? :p

pctek
26-09-2011, 08:54 PM
What a good idea.
POlicing drugs doesn't work, costs billions and wastes time when they could be chasing criminals.

Let them have access to cheap drugs and the idiotd will soon OD themselves out of the picture.

mikebartnz
26-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Definately screws you up if you're a heavy user though.
I have known some that have got rather paranoid.

skeptile2
26-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Basically, Don Brash is a retartd, and John Banks has got it right. My opinion. please dont attack me about it.

Greven
26-09-2011, 09:47 PM
What a good idea.
POlicing drugs doesn't work, costs billions and wastes time when they could be chasing criminals.

Let them have access to cheap drugs and the idiotd will soon OD themselves out of the picture.

And don't forget to tax it

Check out John Key's statement at http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/5684154/Banks-rejects-decriminalising-cannabis

fred_fish
26-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I have known some that have got rather paranoid.
Maybe an irrational fear of being persecuted and locked up for no apparent reason ... :lol:

Cato
26-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Maybe an irrational fear of being persecuted and locked up for no apparent reason ... :lol:

Actually, no.

No one is afraid of being locked up. Because nothing happens if you are caught with weed. Worst case scenario is a diversion, it doesn't come to that unless you have a lot on you. It just wastes the system's money on the 0.01% that actually get done for it.

Heavy smokers just get paranoid about everything else. :)

Snorkbox
26-09-2011, 11:30 PM
They should try to get tobacco smokers to move on to cannabis & tax it the same as tobacco - there would be plenty of money rolling in thanks to the reduced healthcare costs for smokers. Weed smokers also don't smell anywhere near as bad as tobacco smokers :yuck:

Alcohol and gambling both put a lot of money into community groups, but tobacco doesn't put any money back into the community.

So are you forgetting the tax on tobacco which amounts to around $1 Billion per year at the moment?

dugimodo
27-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Sometimes I reread my own posts and wonder what the hell I was on about myself. If I come across as strongly anti-cannabis it's a false impression. I have no interest in using it myself but really don't care if others do, at least on a casual basis. I know many people who use it and are as normal and functional as anyone else. However it can become a serious problem if overused and kids / teenagers definately should not touch the stuff, and that's the real worry for me if it becomes more acceptable.

One concern to me is those people with addictive / destructive personalities who shouldn't use any mind altering substance, alcohol included. The more things they have access to the more chance of serious problems for them. You could argue laws shouldn't be there to protect us from our own decisions, but where do you draw the line? some people decide to do all kinds of stupid and horrible things and the law is sometimes is all that is stopping them.

Users seem to have a few self delusions though.

It DOES have adverse health effects, look it up and take the blinkers off. Some of them quite serious. Ok yes there are also medical benefits, but if you use it you should understand the risks.
It IS obvious to everyone around you when you are using it, clear eyes does not make the effects invisible.
It DOES impair your judgement and reactions and ability to safely drive/ operate machinery etc.

If you are one of those people who writes off everything you disagree with as corporate/ government propaganda you will never get the full picture. Truth can come from anywhere, even professional liars (politicians).

R2x1
27-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I have yet to see an attractive weed smoker. . . ?
Surely it is glaringly obvious why that should be?
Attractive "weed" is placed in containers and moved inside, at which time it is called a pot plant.
The "ugly weed" is uprooted and burned (as a public service to ensure it will not spread). Surely there's nothing objectionable about this helpful assistance to natural selection? ;)

Chilling_Silence
27-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm also yet to find somebody who's moved on to P who *didn't* start with weed.

People get introduced to it
They then start smoking it regularly
They then start selling it to 'take a cut' and pay for their own
They then move on to harder drugs that pay more for less

Seen it so many times in my short life, it's not even funny.

Chilling_Silence
27-09-2011, 10:17 AM
What I find most interesting is the backpedalling this is on one of their core policies, "Zero tolerance for crime":
http://www.act.org.nz/plan

Now they're saying "Well, if you all do something enough, we'll make it legal. Why not try rape or murder next, we may legalize that too!"

Metla
27-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Users seem to have a few self delusions though.

It DOES have adverse health effects, look it up and take the blinkers off. Some of them quite serious. Ok yes there are also medical benefits, but if you use it you should understand the risks.
It IS obvious to everyone around you when you are using it, clear eyes does not make the effects invisible.
It DOES impair your judgement and reactions and ability to safely drive/ operate machinery etc.

If you are one of those people who writes off everything you disagree with as corporate/ government propaganda you will never get the full picture. Truth can come from anywhere, even professional liars (politicians).

First off, I don't use it, Haven't done so for many years.

Right,Blinkers off, Health.

Most marijuana smokers consume a lot less cannabis than cigarette smokers consume tobacco, however the harmful effects of smoking marijuana should not be ignored. Marijuana contains more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and because marijuana smokers typically inhale deeper and hold the smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers, their lungs are exposed to those carcinogenic properties longer, when smoking.
What About Cancer? Although one study found that marijuana smokers were three times more likely to develop cancer of the head or neck than non-smokers, that study could not be confirmed by further analysis. Because marijuana smoke contains three times the amount of tar found in tobacco smoke and 50 percent more carcinogens, it would seem logical to deduce that there is an increased risk of lung cancer for marijuana smokers. However, researchers have not been able to definitively prove such a link because their studies have not been able to adjust for tobacco smoking and other factors that might also increase the risk.
Studies linking marijuana smoking to lung cancer have also been limited by selection bias and small sample size. For example, the participants in those studies may have been too young to have developed lung cancer yet. Even though researchers have yet to "prove" a link between smoking pot and lung cancer, regular smokers may want to consider the risk.

Other Health Effects Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.

ok, So that amounts to a big fat nothing. Where they have found health issues is in people puffing on it all day, and thats to be expected, They should be discounted from a normal use study.

And in mental health, but until they can exclude people with pre-existing conditions and prove a difference against a control group then that data is also useless. Plenty of people numb themselves with weed due to their head issues, rather then having mental health problems caused by smoking.Its called self-medication. Likewise people who have never smoked weed can and do develop mental health issues through-out their lives.

And no one said that everyone can hide the effects of being stoned, some people no one can tell, others are an instant bust. Who cares?

The claim that all smokers are somehow unattractive is delusional, You cant tell by looking at someone if they smoked weed yesterday, a week ago, or 6 months ago. Its a retarded as saying "I've never seen an attractive person eat strawberry jam, Show me a photo"

People are told weed will destroy you,make you sick,stupid, crazy, They can see all around them this isn't the case, weed is part of NZ culture. Then something new comes along and they are told the same "facts", is it any wonder they are ignored?

If it were me I'd de-criminalize weed and ecstasy, let people have something that works and is safe, remove the need to shop for goods through your local scumbag.

Chilling_Silence
27-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Which begs the question:
If you're doing it for head (mental / emotional) issues, why not seek treatment rather than avoiding dealing with the issue?
If it's for health problems, then there are other currently legal medicinal ways of dealing with things, why go get something that is not legal?

I have a relative who claims he only does it because of his health problems, says it eases the pain. I rang his doctor to find out if he'd ever mentioned anything since his operation on his knee / back. He hadn't. That was years ago. He still uses and has since moved on to selling and harder drugs.
Why he didn't just tell his doctor he wanted some better pain killers, I'll never know, but this relative is largely a no-hoper now.

Metla
27-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Which begs the question:
If you're doing it for head (mental / emotional) issues, why not seek treatment rather than avoiding dealing with the issue?
If it's for health problems, then there are other currently legal medicinal ways of dealing with things, why go get something that is not legal?

I wasn't advocating self-medication, It generally leads down the hole and onto much bigger issues.

Still, it is better then self-medication via alcohol.

Gobe1
27-09-2011, 12:16 PM
They want to ban smoking altogether in NZ by 2025
Any one who wants to legalise drug smoking is dreaming

Metla
27-09-2011, 12:39 PM
They want to ban smoking altogether in NZ by 2025
Any one who wants to legalise drug smoking is dreaming

decriminalise

Big difference.

Cato
27-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I have a relative who claims he only does it because of his health problems, says it eases the pain. I rang his doctor to find out if he'd ever mentioned anything since his operation on his knee / back. He hadn't.
Isn't it illegal for a doctor to discuss your relative's issues with you?

Why he didn't just tell his doctor he wanted some better pain killers, I'll never know, but this relative is largely a no-hoper now.
Most painkillers are based on opium, and to a point there is there isn't much between morphine and heroine... Prolonged use of opiate painkillers will **** up you way more than MJ.

Zippity
27-09-2011, 02:39 PM
The claim that all smokers are somehow unattractive is delusional, You cant tell by looking at someone if they smoked weed yesterday, a week ago, or 6 months ago. Its a retarded as saying "I've never seen an attractive person eat strawberry jam, Show me a photo"

So according to Metla I am now delusional :( :(

Show me one smoke who has been smoking cigarettes or pot for over 30 years who has a smooth complexion.

They all look haggard - and stink to boot.

Weed smokers are worse 'cos they are normally ugly to start with. Good looking people have more brains.

Metla
27-09-2011, 02:51 PM
So according to Metla I am now delusional :( :(

Yep.

And not very intelligent to boot.

lordnoddy
27-09-2011, 02:51 PM
On the fence with this one guys. Not a Pot Smoker myself but I know someone (like Chill's relative) that has gone from bad to worse and on to harder things. However I also know a daily smoker of both Cigs and MJ for the last 28 years who has not done anything stronger and is currently working in logistics and transportation, previously a production planner for a company HUGELY recognised in both NZ and Australia.

Edit: It depends on the person and the level of well 'abuse' of the drug I guess.

prefect
27-09-2011, 03:10 PM
On the fence with this one guys. Not a Pot Smoker myself but I know someone (like Chill's relative) that has gone from bad to worse and on to harder things. However I also know a daily smoker of both Cigs and MJ for the last 28 years who has not done anything stronger and is currently working in logistics and transportation, previously a production planner for a company HUGELY recognised in both NZ and Australia.

Edit: It depends on the person and the level of well 'abuse' of the drug I guess.

Why dont you inform his bosses of his drug use and probaly save some lives.

Gobe1
27-09-2011, 03:18 PM
decriminalise

Big difference.

Not in my opinion, enlighten me

Metla
27-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Not in my opinion, enlighten me

Decriminalization means its still illegal,just that the penalty is lowered for personal use.

Fines/penalties could replace court appearances, And may not cut in at all until quantities reach a certain amount.

Having said that, I believe Brash is just grasping at straws and should be ignored, I doubt he gives a rats arse, Just desperate for someone to vote for him.

lordnoddy
27-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Why dont you inform his bosses of his drug use and probaly save some lives.

Because she never did drugs before work and is extremely good at her job. Never let the drugs effect her ability to go to work or impair her ability to do the job.

Gobe1
27-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Decriminalization means its still illegal,just that the penalty is lowered for personal use.

Fines/penalties could replace court appearances, And may not cut in at all until quantities reach a certain amount.

Having said that, I believe Brash is just grasping at straws and should be ignored, I doubt he gives a rats arse, Just desperate for someone to vote for him.

I should have just googled that....Thanks for the update

prefect
27-09-2011, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE Never let the drugs effect her ability to go to work or impair her ability to do the job.[/QUOTE]

Tui ad

Snorkbox
27-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Also Prefect. What makes you think I am sitting on the fence by wanting the status quo?

prefect
27-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Status quo boring

globe
27-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep.

And not very intelligent to boot.

Hahahaha....brilliant!!! :D

Snorkbox
27-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Status quo boring

It may well be boring but surely it does not mean I'm fence sitting as such!!!

I want no change from the current law.

Trev
27-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Zippity
27-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Hahahaha....brilliant!!! :D

Don't become a parasite like Metla

mikebartnz
27-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Time to stop digging Zippity.

globe
27-09-2011, 09:45 PM

His humour is very good - even though I'm sure you'd disagree. He should be an honorary pom with biting sarcasm like that - even though I'm sure he'd disagree to that also.

Metla
27-09-2011, 09:53 PM
****, I'm Awesome.

Even with the Tinkerbell, and arguing on the side of drugs on a conservative platform, I smashed you to bits.

Stupid only in only how easy it was.

Zippity
27-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep - he is a great cyber bully and intimidator of others.

Time he was booted from this forum - but that will never happen :(

Metla
27-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm just going to kick back and admire my big fat sexy belly.

mikebartnz
28-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Yep - he is a great cyber bully and intimidator of others.

Time he was booted from this forum - but that will never happen :(
:groan::groan::groan::groan:

Jen
28-09-2011, 06:35 AM
If you can't discuss the topic without reverting to personal digs, then don't post it. This is not news to people...

Metla
28-09-2011, 10:15 PM
If you can't discuss the topic without reverting to personal digs, then don't post it. This is not news to people...

Little lady, You play your cards right and one day I'll let you admire my big fat sexy belly with me.

pctek
29-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Show me one smoke who has been smoking cigarettes or pot for over 30 years who has a smooth complexion.

They all look haggard .

It's called aging.

Zippity
29-09-2011, 08:37 AM
It's called aging.

Agreed to a certain degree, but smoking really **cks up the skin even more so :( :(

Trev
29-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Smoking and alcohol abuse make people look older than they are because they dry up the skin. Smoking also causes the blood to carry less oxygen as it is replaced with CO2. Smoking also weakens the blood vessels paticularly in the eyes and when these rupture you then have macular degeneration, in other words you become partly blind. Your vision becomes cloudy.