PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus

Nhashon
25-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Im a student who wants to prevent internet threats as much as i can and to do that i have got a AVG Free Editions Software on my pc and yes i do update it daily and also i have heard that Google Chrome browser is good at security and i have that also on my pc . I also have the Mc afee siteadvisor to help find risky websites .

Though some things i would like help with is to you does avg free edition really have that peformance to stop threats and remove threats , (WHY) ? . I also really interested to find out if the browser Google Chrome stands out to be good at blocking threats , (WHY) ?
Lastly Im had totaly confusion on whether to choose Mc afee siteadvisor or Norton Safe web , so i had a look myself on some reviews of different sites reviewing them both , to me they both had a tie which means they both were said to be good at rating but i choose mc afee , i dont no why , maybe the reviews made me . Anyway , what do u think of my personal choice , are they ok , good , excellent , if u had to change something , what would u change ? let me know in comments .

wainuitech
25-09-2011, 03:00 PM
AVG = Crap, why --- I have seen MANY PC's / Laptops that have AVG totally destroyed with infections. Every single PC or laptop I have removed AVG from instantly becomes faster as well, its a system hog.

Lastly Im had totaly confusion on whether to choose Mc afee siteadvisor or Norton Safe web Neither -- common sense and a good AV along with a good antimalware usually is plenty.

if you want good AV's,

Free = Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast in that order

Paid = Nod32.

Just an example -- Two days ago, at a customers house, removed their Norton Internet security, and installed Nod32 - had not even finished installing and it found and quarantined 3 active trojans that Norton didn't even know were there.

Good antimalware - Some links are in my sig, but Super antispyware, then Spybot S&D The Malware Bytes. General rule is keep the computers clean with something like Ccleaner, do regular scans as the free versions generally dont have schedules and you should be OK.

As for browser security -- well, no browser is perfect, use what you feel comfortable with.

pctek
25-09-2011, 03:43 PM
if you want good AV's,

Free = Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast in that order

Paid = Nod32.

Good antimalware - Some links are in my sig, but Super antispyware, then Spybot S&D The Malware Bytes. .
+1.
Always have antispyware as well as whichever of the two antiviruses you choose.

Nhashon
25-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh Ok thanx