PDA

View Full Version : Strong wireless network but cant print to wireless printer

winaa
25-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi I have a I have a strong wireless network connection and can get to the Internet, but I can't print to my wireless printer or access shared drives on other computers in my network or connect to my apple tv without having to reboot my router.
My network consists of the following

Router Telecom Thomson TG585v8
Computers iMac connected wireless
windows7 PC connected with LAN
windowsXP PC connected wireless
Brother multifunction connected to the network wireless and to windows7 PC via USB
Apple Tv connected wireless

When I log into the router I can see all the devices and there IP addresses but if I try to ping say the printer or AppleTV I get host down and can't print to the printer with either of the wireless computers or see my iTunes music or movies with the appleTV.
So far the only way I can remedy this is to turn off the router and turn it back on and everything works fine till the next day.
can anyone help with my problem?

wainuitech
25-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Have all the devices got static IP's, or is the router issuing them to the devices.

If they are not static, what may possibly be happening is when you reboot the router it gives a device one IP address and it works OK, then after turning off, and turning back on the following day its been given a different one.

winaa
25-09-2011, 04:44 PM
The devices have static IP addresses this was one of my first fixes I am starting to think its just a cheap junkie router

winaa
01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Just to add to the above.
I set my IP address as static in the router.
When the printer was not working again next (next day) I logged back into the router and noticed the IP address was 0,0,0,0 and there was no way of changing it with out rebooting the modem/router.
Any idea's