PDA

View Full Version : What is a good investment?

hover
25-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering what a good investment is?

Stocks?

Gold?

Property?

Please share the experiences that you have all had.

Zippity
25-09-2011, 01:45 AM
sex

mikebartnz
25-09-2011, 03:20 AM
sex
Bound to make you broke.

gary67
25-09-2011, 07:40 AM
I am a good investment, give me all of your money and I will help you make it go farther that it has ever been or is likely to again. Infact I will make it go so far you will need the Hubble telescope to even see it

lakewoodlady
25-09-2011, 08:20 AM
:spam

hover
25-09-2011, 09:00 AM
this is not spam. I am serious and could everyone be serous? and if you don't have anything to say then don't speak

pctek
25-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Go online and watch the Descent Of Money. That will tell you.

SP8's
25-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Bound to make you broke.

Wouldn't that depend on whether you were buying or selling ... :D

Lurking
25-09-2011, 11:35 AM
At this time, it would pay to remain liquid or put it on short term investment.

Gold was an option for us 30 years ago, but we opted for shares, we were lucky, every company was taken over and we were paid out good money.

Investment companies are taking a hammering just now, so we cashed up on the worst one and put the money on term deposit.

Lurking.

sahilcc7
25-09-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.google.co.nz/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=699&source=hp&q=whats+a+good+investment&pbx=1&oq=whats+a+good+inve&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=57l3509l0l4688l21l18l2l0l0l1l391l5073l2-6.10l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a3d824112f91ad15

What were you doing at 1.40am ?

decibel
25-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Pay off your mortgage.

Alex B
25-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Play the gggeeetar on the MTV = money for nothing

inphinity
26-09-2011, 07:49 AM
If you're genuinely asking, then based on the question posed, Your Education would be the best answer. Now, please don't take offense at that, I'm genuinely trying to help you avoid the loss that so many suffered by throwing money at "investments" they don't understand. I get the distinct impression you don't really understand any of the investment vehicles you've mentioned as possibilities, nor likely the other options as-yet unsaid, and the best return you will get is educating yourself on how all these things work before investing any actual money in any of them.

dugimodo
26-09-2011, 08:01 AM
It's crystal ball gazing and investing based on an internet forum is pretty risky, we all have opinions it doesn't mean we know anything.

Anyway never invest money you can't afford to lose is the best advice I can offer, long term property usually works out but with the whole capital gains tax I dunno. People always need to live somewhere though and buying a house is getting beyond many.
I know nothing about stocks etc so I won't say anything about those.

Chilling_Silence
26-09-2011, 08:58 AM
this is not spam. I am serious and could everyone be serous? and if you don't have anything to say then don't speak

Not a good look for a newbie to join a tech-forum and only comment on the non-tech things, as well as trying to have a go at long-standing members.

You can see by your post history it would be very easy to view this as spam, it's the kind of 'bait' question that a lot of spambots post and then follow it up by another new member answering on a different account, recommending their own product.

Just chill out a little yeah? And try and contribute a bit to the tech-side too ;)

Billy T
26-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering what a good investment is?

Stocks?

Gold?

Property?

Please share the experiences that you have all had.

Education is my recommendation.

Read that any way you like, but to try and educate yourself on financial investment matters via an internet technology forum makes me think that your naivety is going to be a serious handicap to your ambitions of wealth.

If formally qualified investment advisers can't offer certainty, then what hope do you have here?

I'd say gold, but what would I know?

Being on the other side of a Nigerian email scam is probably more lucrative, and I'm not joking. The downside is that you'd have to live in Nigeria or spend the rest of your life either running or in prison.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Hang on, didn't Bernie Madoff make bucketloads via an investment house? Now he doesn't have to work any more and has free board and lodgings for the next 150 years! You should be so lucky.

Gobe1
26-09-2011, 09:41 AM
+1 billy
Ways to make money: (In order of easiest to hardest)
theft
drugs
inherit
luck
Talent

Im not responsible for anyone's actions that read this post

Zippity
26-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Chill - I agree with your comments 100 % - hence the first reply to the poster :)

Ofthesea
26-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Some good advice has already been given especially education, mainly as there is some confusion regarding what an investment is.
Gold is not an investment and neither is property if you are hoping to soon sell it for gain.
The first education you need is to research the difference between investment and speculation. Speculation may be ok if you know something others don't but especially with property you may be paying rates or loan interest or whatever without getting any income and in the end gain nothing
If you have a mortgage then the advice to pay it off ahead of other actions is really wise
Investment really means one of three things
1. Put it in the bank
2. Stocks and shares
3. Rental property
But again any of the above are doomed to failure unless you do your research, if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't wise to put your money there
hth

Greven
26-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Property could be investment as well as speculation - it is better to buy your first home than to continue renting & contributing towards someone else's mortgage (as long as you can service a mortgage)