PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Crash Reporter

noelevans
24-09-2011, 07:21 PM
After many years of using Mozilla Firefox as my preferred browser through all versions up to 6.0.2, it today refused to start. Instead, I got the attached report from "Mozilla Crash Reporter"

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Firefox, including earlier versions, but each time I try to start it I get this message.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Noel

wainuitech
24-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Firefox appears to have become very buggy for some people these days, what ever they are doing with all the "latest improvements" is not helping some people.

When you uninstalled FF, was it only Via the programs uninstaller or windows uninstaller -- If so then its only partly gone.

You may find the profile folder, and other folders FF uses is corrupted, and FF leaves these alone when unistalling.

Have a read of This page here (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Uninstalling%20Firefox), it tells you how to fully remove FF.

Scroll down to "Removing user data and settings" read what it says, then once fully clean , try reinstalling FF from fresh.

Winston001
24-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Must say I'm not impressed - often links hang. I'm sure they will work it out.

pctek
24-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes, I've avoided V6 here.
I note at work they have V6 - it does kind of hang (or pause?) fairly often. Although we do have loads of tabs open. FF is needed really, various addons used and things....

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Yup flash crashes with FF 6.02. Its pretty crappy. Think I might use IE9 instead. At least I dont get ads (If I add TPL's). I just cant save passwords, but I'll live

GameJunkie
24-09-2011, 11:36 PM
v7 is good

noelevans
28-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks Wainuitech. I completely uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller, and have re-installed - this time Firefox 7.0 (in hope that it fixed any bugs in 6.0!!), and so far it seems to be working. Any advice on how I can recover my bookmarks?

Thanks
Noel

Erebor
28-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Yup flash crashes with FF 6.02. Its pretty crappy. Think I might use IE9 instead. At least I dont get ads (If I add TPL's). I just cant save passwords, but I'll live

Hi Speedy what are TPL's

Erebor
28-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Speedy what are TPL's

doh sorry just worked in out

wainuitech
28-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks Wainuitech. I completely uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller, and have re-installed - this time Firefox 7.0 (in hope that it fixed any bugs in 6.0!!), and so far it seems to be working. Any advice on how I can recover my bookmarks?

Thanks
Noel

Recovering Bookmarks ??? If FF has been completely uninstalled, the previous profile folder included, then they will be gone.

Those are items that need to be backed up before a complete removal ( as described in my previous post with the link)

FF does do automatic backups of the bookmarks, BUT they are in the backup folder in the profile -- Not really a good location on FF's part.

GameJunkie
28-09-2011, 12:22 PM
use Xmarks to backup bookmarks.

was reccomended to me here by someone, and its a addon that is a must have

and i think FF7 has gone final

Speedy Gonzales
28-09-2011, 12:24 PM
FF7 has gone final. But its not on the site

Erebor
28-09-2011, 12:48 PM
FF7 has gone final. But its not on the site

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Speedy Gonzales
28-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Must have been looking on the wrong site. They've got too many versions and too many sites. You dont know which site to go to