PDA

View Full Version : nz speed cameras vs uk speed cameras

GameJunkie
21-09-2011, 02:23 PM
worth a read i think

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/blogs/drivetalk/5660073/Un-signposted-speed-cameras-revenue-first

wratterus
21-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Agree. At least we don't have average speed cameras though - they have got to be the most dangerous things out.

gary67
21-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes you certainly know where they are in England, it's when they spring a hand held into the mix on an uphill section of road 5m from where it changes from 5kph to 100kph. That was 3 days before I left and I still had to payup.

When I went to get my NZ licence I had to show my UK one and that ticket was flagged on the system here too. Thankfully it's long gone off my licence now

Paul.Cov
21-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I was spewing wild over a speed camera setup in Auckland some months ago.

Went through a very short section of roadworks, signposted at 20 or 30km/h. No more than 20 metres from where the speed restriction began to the end of the works and a sign back to 50km/h.
There was absolutely no work being done at this speed restricted spot, and there were no hazards, or equipment or areas of loose metal or reduced visibility, but there was a pole mounted speed camera smack in the middle of this section.

Everyone was just barrelling through at their usual 50-55km/h
If that camera had been set to the 20/30km/h threshold of these bogus roadworks they'd have earned a ton of revenue, and a ton of hate.

Don't know if it was a deliberate setup, but it looked like a filthy trap.