PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Won't Startup

icow
20-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I got one of those errors that asks you to power off your mac (so I did). Now my mac won't startup. When I turn it on I get sleep light on, black screen, no USB or keyboard power, disk drive and fans spin (sound normal).
Specs are in sig (core 2 duo). Any ideas?

lakewoodlady
21-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I got one of those errors that asks you to power off your mac (so I did). Now my mac won't startup. When I turn it on I get sleep light on, black screen, no USB or keyboard power, disk drive and fans spin (sound normal).
Specs are in sig (core 2 duo). Any ideas?

Try here? http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1367

LL

icow
21-09-2011, 05:15 PM
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1367
No luck as the keyboard has no power as far as I know.

wainuitech
21-09-2011, 06:27 PM
No, because they're not. They have just as many problems as anything else. Yep its the truth alright - some dont want to believe it, but it is :)

Anyways --- re the start up problem -- long shot, but it hasn't gone into some sort of hibernation mode has it ?? Had a few PC do similar, and disconnecting all power, batteries etc and leaving for a while, they fire back up into life:2cents:

Just got delivered a PC thats doing the exact same thing (Push power - lights on - no ones home, but fans making noise) -- could be the same problem - one of tomorrows jobs.

icow
21-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Better not be the logic board...

icow
21-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Also I think Alex B is talking to the people who come into any thread about macs and just say stupid crap that is any of the following:
1) not helpful at all
2) Incorrect/they are uniformed
3) trolling

Jen
21-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I have stripped out the trolling comments or surplus to topic. You can find them in the Chat forum ...

Please remember, this is a genuine question asking for help. This is NOT the place to put your 2c about you what you think of Macs. If you are not attempting to actually be helpful, then do not post it.

Agent_24
21-09-2011, 06:52 PM
After repairing the power adapter, a friend's Macbook wouldn't boot. It needed to charge the battery for a while as it had been run down completely flat.

That's about all I know about unbootable Macbooks!

Also saw something on Hackaday where they showed it was possible to hide malware inside the battery firmware.

baabits
24-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Sleep light on constantly usually indicates something is wrong with the RAM

First of all, try resetting the PRAM- take out power + battery and then hold down the power button for six seconds.

If you have no luck, then try pulling a ram stick out one at a time then boot- if nothing, then most likely you've got a logic board problem :(