PDA

View Full Version : New Mainboard Problems

14-10-2001, 09:04 PM
I am assembling a new system based on the PC chips m810lmr systemboard with integrated, modem, sound, and graphics, all is assembled and ready to go but there is does not seem to be any power coming through to the mainboard, I have changed plugs, cords etc but to no avail.?
The SPS with the system is 250w and the CPU is an duron 850mhz.? Help.

14-10-2001, 09:46 PM
If you're sure the power supply is working, and you've changed the cables, and also inserted all the power cables correctly and it's still not working, send it back to the vendor for testing or replacement.
Otherwise call anybody you know who are a whizz at these stuff to double check that everything has been installed correctly before sending it back to the vendor.

14-10-2001, 09:58 PM
If the power supply fan is running then you probably have power to the board. If the cpu fan is running then that will confirm that you have power. There is a 'power good' lead from the PSU to the ATX connector, that also has to be working, but basically if the fans are going then probably the PSU is ok. Check over your assembly and the bios settings for the cpu and double check the manual.
If the fans dont run the PSU is most likely faulty.

15-10-2001, 12:53 AM
This may sound dumb, but are you using the ATX powerswitch to turn it on (aswell as the powersupply one).

24-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Sorry to take so long to reply, thanks for your help, turn out the case power switch was not matched up to the pins on the m-board, had a three pin jumper plug(for the power switch) and should have been a two pin jumper plug, the one I had was three with the middle plug empty so no way for it to fit onto board with that config, had to put one on the out side into middle and then hang the empty over the last pin,

Thanks again
Chris

24-10-2001, 07:23 PM
Sorry to take so long to reply, thanks for your help, turn out the case power switch was not matched up to the pins on the m-board, had a three pin jumper plug(for the power switch) and should have been a two pin jumper plug, the one I had was three with the middle plug empty so no way for it to fit onto board with that config, had to put one on the out side into middle and then hang the empty over the last pin,

Thanks again
Chris