PDA

View Full Version : Sigmatel C-Major audio driver

ephesus
15-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Can anyone advise where I can download Sigmatel C-Major audio driver please? Windows says it is not working properly and I have also been having annoying audio interruptions now and again. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
15-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Go to the mobo makers site if its onboard

ephesus
15-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Have tried Intel..Mobo DP35DP but still unsuccessful. Have installed IDT High Def Codec from Intel site but still get distorted sound...Any suggestion what I can do? Will reinstalling windows work?

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Its not onboard then. Did you install another soundcard?? If you did, disable the onboard soundcard in the BIOS. What version of windows is it?

ephesus
16-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes its onboard sound. I do not have a separate sound card. Vista 64bits. It happened a while back after I did some windows update (Intel matrix storage) but unable to restore to previous state.

wainuitech
16-09-2011, 11:24 AM
According to intels site This here (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13706&ProdId=2782&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20Vista%2064*&DownloadType=Drivers) is the audio driver for that board.

If the existing one is damaged, you usually cant install over the top, you have to remove the old one, reboot and then install the fresh one.

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I had probs updating Intel matrix too. Altho I didnt use windowsupdate. The only way I could get it to install, was to get this (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20216) extract it then go to the IDE/ATA entry in device manager. Then driver / update driver, and point it to the extracted folder. Then installed this (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=20215). Dont know if youre meant to use this version but it works lol

It installs Rapid Storage Tech and it'll show you whats connected to what SATA port. I'm not using the same mobo tho

ephesus
16-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Just tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers as you suggested Wainutech. No improvement. Still get breaks in my audio.

I don't have problem installing Intel Matrix, Speedy G and its the same download site as well. Installed successfully except for the audio problem after that installation.

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I would uninstall the audio drivers reboot if you have to. Then cancel the window if it comes up asking for the sound drivers. Go to the soundcard entry in device manager. Go to the details tab change it to hardware ids. Copy and paste some of the entries in Google or here

ephesus
16-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Thx S.G. Have uninstalled audio drivers but couldn't stop window from installing drivers automatically (no options to cancel it). However thess are the hardware id entires.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_80863001&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_80863001

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Is SP1 or 2 on it? What if you try and get them by updating the driver??? Driver tab / update through windowsupdate/ Does it do / install anything? Try killing UAC / running the install file as admin. Are you in an admin account?

ephesus
16-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Its all up to date so I presume SP2. I am the only Admin user on this PC. After uninstalling audio, windows automatically update drivers ver 2006 after reboot. I then update drivers ver 2009 (downloaded from intel). However still no improvement in the sound.

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Does this sound like your prob?? (http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/44135-weird-sound-issue-dp35dp-mobo.html). What audio interruptions do you hear exactly? In the link I've posted the prob was the ram

ephesus
16-09-2011, 05:31 PM
When I play music or watch videos, the audio will freeze for a second or two every and then continue playing again. And it happens every minute or so. Have tried changing speakers but no avail. Am using 8Gb dual channel RAM so could try taking out some to see if thats the problem but my sound interruption is definitely different from the link you've posted. Is there anyway to check RAM problem without physically taking them out to test?

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 05:35 PM
memtest (http://www.memtest.org/). Probably better if you test it overnight. It takes a while

ephesus
16-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Just had a quick look at my task manager. Played an audio file and the Memory usage is constant at about 3GB with other programs running. However whenever there is a freeze in the music, the CPU usage spiked up 20-40% higher. Could it be the CPU? Also monitored the CPU usage without audio and it still spike up without additional activties? Its like a constant heartbeat but with Regular Interval spikes. Will look at the memtest at the weekend. Thanks Speedy.

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2011, 05:53 PM
No probs or try one stick in at a time. See if it does the same thing. It may not be the ram it maybe a setting in the BIOS (for the ram). Is the BIOS on it the latest BIOS?