PDA

View Full Version : Trackmania 2

Metla
15-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Any takers?

I've got it downloading at work, Connection is slow so it wont be finished until about 7 so its lucky I have office keys.

Rest of the office was bitching about the net barely working all arvo, I told em it was a glitch, probably spring back into life around....7pm.:D

Anyhow.

http://www.trackmania.com/

Speedy Gonzales
15-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Too bad you have to pay for it. Or I would try it

Metla
16-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Never fear, I'll spend my money so you don't have to.

Finally got the pos to run, and its a big steaming pile of meh.

Given the option I'd get a refund.

Granted I only took the game for a short spin but it didn't grab me at all, I cant see any reason to take this over the free version, You get one unexciting car with one unexciting environment, Imo the canyon setting they used doesn't work at all, earlier games felt much better with free space and water.

And with the system they have implemented of buying the game in installments they run the risk of disappointing and fragmenting their user base on a massive scale.

I won't be buying the next release, I highly doubt I'll ever run this one again, even as $25 USD I don't consider for a second that I received good value for money.

Perhaps they should look at the demise of the MX Vs ATV series and the content model that sunk that franchise, and that was on the back of 10 million units sold (rather then given away)

0/10

Agent_24
16-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Is there not a demo?

I love Trackmania Nations (old and new) and I also bought Trackmania United, but some of the environments give the cars insane physics.

Nations has the best physics, and Sunrise (and another similar one) is also playable, but the rest are like trying to drive a block of butter at 100000 kilometers per second.

mikebartnz
16-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Any takers?

I've got it downloading at work,
I won't tell your boss.:devil:devil

Metla
17-09-2011, 10:09 AM
After further play, 4/10.

Getting a bit of enjoyment from it as an online thrash about,.....meh.

I would rather have paid for and received a full game, all the other environments sound far more promising.