PDA

View Full Version : MSWorks & Win7

Thomas01
15-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I have used MSWorks 98 for years now and regard it as the best program.
The last thing I want to do is to change to something different.
But my nice new "HP All in One" running Win7 tells me that it is out of memory when I try to print anything off MSWorks.
Bit daft really as I have 4mb of memory.
Any ideas anybody?
And no I really do not want to change to a later version of MSWorks - tried that and dumped it ages ago.
Tom

Lurking
15-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Have you tried the compatibilty facilty under properties.

I still use MSWorks 4 for it's database for label work once a year for xmas cards.

XP always jibs at loading it and I always check the properties under programs, right click and change to Win95, 98, ME, 2000, etc.

Like you don't like Works in wifey's 7 machine.

Lurking.

lakewoodlady
15-09-2011, 05:51 PM
But my nice new "HP All in One" running Win7 tells me that it is out of memory when I try to print anything off MSWorks.
Any ideas anybody?
And no I really do not want to change to a later version of MSWorks - tried that and dumped it ages ago.
Tom

Do you mean to say that there is an actual later version of MS Works?

LL

mikebartnz
15-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Any ideas anybody?
Tom
Well it looks like you are stuffed printing unless you want to remove some memory.
What has happened is the programmer has used too smaller integer type and it is circular so is reporting not enough eg. A byte can be up to 256 so 300 becomes either 44 or 43 I can't remember which.
I have been meaning to write a program to gobble up some memory so that someone else I know can use a program with the same type of problem. Haven't got a lot of time at the moment but this might give me some more incentive.