PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Photos

jebby
14-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Any help on downloading photos from a camera chip. I select the photos I want to download, it then asks where I want to save them, I select say a folder named "Family" which already contains photos. The photos are downloaded to the "Family" folder ok but they are in a folder of their own named with the "Date". I then have to drag them out of the "Date" folder, and then drag them back into the "Family" folder, then delete the empty "Date" folder. Don't know if this is a Windows 7 issue or not, used to work ok in XP.

Nomad
14-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Are you using a specific software?
Could be under its settings...

Edit. You could also just browse the removable drive like G: or what ... and copy and paste into your ideal folder.

jebby
14-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that Nomad............what a wally!!, it was under my nose. I use Canon Zoom Browser to download and just unticked a box "create sub folder" now all good, NO sub folder. Thanks again.

pctek
14-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Should be able to just copy and paste with Windows Explorer. No need to worry about settings in apps then.

dbs
14-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Should be able to just copy and paste with Windows Explorer. No need to worry about settings in apps then.

+1

you can probably [copy|cut] and paste from camera directly, without the software

Zippity
15-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Zoombrowser is not the best programme to use to move/transfer images from your memory card to your hard drive :(

As you take more and more photographs, you will find that your filing system will increase in size.

I file my images under X Drive:DigitalPics/CanonEOS/year/month and day :)

FoxyMX
15-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Zoombrowser is not the best programme to use to move/transfer images from your memory card to your hard drive :(

Why not? I have used it for years and find it works well.

Zippity
15-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Why not? I have used it for years and find it works well.

Because there are better (read simpler or easier) ways to move image files, but hey, each to his own.

Nomad
15-09-2011, 11:33 PM
The Canon camera that I have, doesn't get recognised as a removable drive anyway ... you HAVE to use the Canon software.

Unless you bought yourself a memory card reader.

Zippity
16-09-2011, 09:33 AM
The Canon camera that I have, doesn't get recognised as a removable drive anyway ... you HAVE to use the Canon software.

What?? :(

How have you connected your Canon to your PC? Via USB?

Your computer should recognise your camera as an external drive.

I simply remove my SDHC card from my Canon, place it in a card reader and plug it in to a USB port.

You could always go an buy one of those new fancy EyeFi cards - except they have a slow transfer rate :(

Snorkbox
16-09-2011, 09:38 AM
But Nomad says he has no card reader.

FoxyMX
16-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Because there are better (read simpler or easier) ways to move image files, but hey, each to his own.

Mind listing a few? I'm always open to better/simpler/easier methods for anything.

gary67
16-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't use the Fuji software that came with my camera just do drag and drop within windows. I find most camera software bloated with stuff I don't want or need