PDA

View Full Version : ♫ ---- Slip, Sliding Away -----♪

SurferJoe46
14-09-2011, 04:32 PM
A man and woman were having a quiet, romantic dinner in a fine restaurant. They were gazing lovingly at each other and holding hands.

Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed the man slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned.

The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware her dining companion had disappeared.

The waitress went over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table."

The woman calmly looked up at her and said, "No, he didn't. He just walked in the door."

johcar
14-09-2011, 04:40 PM

SurferJoe46
14-09-2011, 04:58 PM
☼§♂↨╠♥♀. ┼²φ¢€©

Whenu
14-09-2011, 11:05 PM
☼§♂↨╠♥♀. ┼²φ¢€©

New keyboard Joe?

SurferJoe46
15-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Nah - just trying some of the things that didn't work before - especially in the SUBJECT line here.

SurferJoe46
15-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Pooooooh! Missed the edit time limit!!!

Anyway, here's the whole message AND the edit all over again! Silly time limit.

IN THE PREVIOUS POST, I SAID:::Nah - just trying some of the things that didn't work before - especially in the SUBJECT line here.

Getting up early here, contemplating this next move. We have until the end of October (self-imposed date) to change address and move to another state. Looking hard at Idaho right about now.

California has finally killed my passion for it.

I awaken at 04:30 most mornings and just sit bolt-upright in bed and have visions of moving and packing in my head. I love to move as it gives one a really thorough way to clean house and toss out the detritus of time spent in one place.

We've been here for about three years now and I say it's about time to move anyway. Gotta figure out what to do with my Koi ponds and my plecostomus. Youse guys want them?

Seems kinda strange that I can get almost all my earthly possessions in an 8' x 8' x 16' moving container - but I can with very few exceptions. I worked out a floor map of the container and gave each appliance a little fudge room by adding an inch or two to their true dimensions and I find that I still have lots of room for the boxes of chattel and fluffery.

The guitars and amplifiers won't take much room, but this bed of mine is a monster! We also have a huge refrigerator to move and I'm not as young as when I was born, ya'll know?

As I take this next 'vacation' trip for a couple of weeks looking for a new abode, I'll try to post some of the findings I spot along the way from my camera and my Eee-PC to youse guys from WIFI hotspots and motels.

Youse guys are moving into the warmer season and we's* moving the opposite direction right now. (* that should be "us'ns" - sorry --- where was my proper Engliƒh ?).

One of the states I like is Montana - but the snow gets pretty deep there and even though I have a full-sized K5 Blazer 4wd - it'll still be a harsh Winter coming up.

We'll see how it looks in the Fall.

tut
15-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Loved the joke.

WalOne
15-09-2011, 09:20 AM
What did you do then, that you have to move out of state?

I didn't think those jokes were all that bad!

:lol:

tuiruru
15-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Pooooooh! Missed the edit time limit!!!

Anyway, here's the whole message AND the edit all over again! Silly time limit.

Getting up early here, contemplating this next move. We have until the end of October (self-imposed date) to change address and move to another state. Looking hard at Idaho right about now.

California has finally killed my passion for it.

I awaken at 04:30 most mornings and just sit bolt-upright in bed and have visions of moving and packing in my head. I love to move as it gives one a really thorough way to clean house and toss out the detritus of time spent in one place.

We've been here for about three years now and I say it's about time to move anyway. Gotta figure out what to do with my Koi ponds and my plecostomus. Youse guys want them?

Seems kinda strange that I can get almost all my earthly possessions in an 8' x 8' x 16' moving container - but I can with very few exceptions. I worked out a floor map of the container and gave each appliance a little fudge room by adding an inch or two to their true dimensions and I find that I still have lots of room for the boxes of chattel and fluffery.

The guitars and amplifiers won't take much room, but this bed of mine is a monster! We also have a huge refrigerator to move and I'm not as young as when I was born, ya'll know?

As I take this next 'vacation' trip for a couple of weeks looking for a new abode, I'll try to post some of the findings I spot along the way from my camera and my Eee-PC to youse guys from WIFI hotspots and motels.

Youse guys are moving into the warmer season and we's* moving the opposite direction right now. (* that should be "us'ns" - sorry --- where was my proper Engliƒh ?).

One of the states I like is Montana - but the snow gets pretty deep there and even though I have a full-sized K5 Blazer 4wd - it'll still be a harsh Winter coming up.

We'll see how it looks in the Fall.

Fall/Winter seems a bit of a daft time to move :)

Montana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Wines)over here is/was a range of of Wines, but success at exporting to the States has actually made them re-brand (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10653564)!

Here's a tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwLmmXGEEps&feature=related) to send you on your house hunting trip

Whenu
15-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Thought you were going to post a link to the "Mothers" singing " Montana"?

SurferJoe46
15-09-2011, 05:03 PM
What did you do then, that you have to move out of state?

I didn't think those jokes were all that bad!

:lol:

I just got fed up with California and the new fees and taxes. I now have to pay $850 for fire protection and if I want the paramedics to appear if I have a heart attack, I have to have prepaid another $600 fee or they wont roll out of their offices.

Fee here - Tax there - charge another place - and they tacked a 30% increase in vehicle registration to an already most-expensive registration fee.

My wife's 2000 year model van cost $975/year, up from $614/year. Arizona charges me $22 for three years and the availability to purchase a non-renewable registration for just $85 for my Amigo and $66 for the K5 forever too. Forever --- that's a long time!

Gas is almost a $1.00 more per gallon here for all the California State fuel fees and Cal-DOT regulations.

With the REAL unemployment percentage at over 45% - and only 14% is actually reported, this state is drowning in it's own debt.

Time to go. Winter or not - it's appropriate NOW!

Fall/Winter seems a bit of a daft time to move :)

Montana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Wines)over here is/was a range of of Wines, but success at exporting to the States has actually made them re-brand (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10653564)!

Here's a tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwLmmXGEEps&feature=related) to send you on your house hunting trip

Thought you were going to post a link to the "Mothers" singing " Montana"?

"The Mothers Of Invention'?

Gobe1
15-09-2011, 05:17 PM
hannah montana haw haw
that should put you off Joe

SurferJoe46
15-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Nah - Calamity Jane would shoot her at the border and scoop out the insides and have her mounted in a naughty position.

Here's the place I like so far::: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton,_MT

And for youse guys with Google Earth ::: 46.248412, -114.159852

lakewoodlady
15-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Nah - Calamity Jane would shoot her at the border and scoop out the insides and have her mounted in a naughty position.

Here's the place I like so far::: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton,_MT

And for youse guys with Google Earth ::: 46.248412, -114.159852

Looks nice but still landlocked, How do the charges/fees/taxes/etc work out there compared to CA? Can get pretty snowy in the Winter too. I just love WV, but then am a little biased in that respect.
Good luck on your move to where ever!

LL

SurferJoe46
15-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Looks nice but still landlocked, How do the charges/fees/taxes/etc work out there compared to CA? Can get pretty snowy in the Winter too. I just love WV, but then am a little biased in that respect.
Good luck on your move to where ever!

LL

The snow factor should be the same as here - 4 feet total all winter. The altitude there is a little less than here by about 1,000 feet or so, so that'll help.

Gas is a lot cheaper and so are the sales taxes and since I am retired I have no federal level taxes and get free medical from the Veteran's Administration - which has a branch right in town.

Rents and homes are certainly cheaper and I am getting out of this house with money that I spent on it being totally refunded to me for a bad-faith act in seller's side of the transaction.

The seller posted false credentials to the VA Housing group and they asked me what I wanted to do: 1) Get my money back and leave in 90 days 2) continue living here with the mortgage paid off - but I'd have to come up with 11 years of back property taxes which would NOT un-cloud from the transaction.

A 'clouded' deed is one that has too many variables in it and they cannot be unraveled and everyone goes back to square one and starts all over again.

I chose the total refund and a GET OUT OF TOWN FREE card.

Snorkbox
15-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Looks good to me. We have a Hamilton in NZ as well. Just about 80 Km north of where I live.

Looks like you will be a lot closer to Canada! :D

lakewoodlady
15-09-2011, 07:02 PM
:thumbs Sounds like the better deal!

LL

lakewoodlady
15-09-2011, 07:04 PM
The snow factor should be the same as here - 4 feet total all winter. The altitude there is a little less than here by about 1,000 feet or so, so that'll help.

Gas is a lot cheaper and so are the sales taxes and since I am retired I have no federal level taxes and get free medical from the Veteran's Administration - which has a branch right in town.

Rents and homes are certainly cheaper and I am getting out of this house with money that I spent on it being totally refunded to me for a bad-faith act in seller's side of the transaction.

The seller posted false credentials to the VA Housing group and they asked me what I wanted to do: 1) Get my money back and leave in 90 days 2) continue living here with the mortgage paid off - but I'd have to come up with 11 years of back property taxes which would NOT un-cloud from the transaction.

A 'clouded' deed is one that has too many variables in it and they cannot be unraveled and everyone goes back to square one and starts all over again.

I chose the total refund and a GET OUT OF TOWN FREE card.

:thumbs Sounds like the better deal!

LL

lakewoodlady
15-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Wt? something stuffed up in the posting.... where's the thumbs up emoticon gone?

LL

beetle
15-09-2011, 07:16 PM
What about NZ land........:) we have places that dont have snow like that in winter......... :D
Good luck with the home hunting......

beetle

WalOne
15-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Try this one

:thumbs:

pine-o-cleen
15-09-2011, 09:44 PM
What about NZ land........:) we have places that dont have snow like that in winter......... :D
Good luck with the home hunting......

beetle

You say that and not too long ago they had snow in Dargaville!

SurferJoe46
16-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Good luck with the home hunting...... beetle

Become an alien in a foreign land? I thought that it might be nice in a rather fanciful passing of thoughts - but since my fixed income is staked on the US Greenback, and the rate of exchange is poor for the US-NZ buck right now and not looking like it'll bounce back in this century - I'd be under a serious handicap to make ends meet against your wages, cost of living and rents.

Belize has sent me invitations though.

Snow doesn't bother me if I have my ol' reliable '86 K5 - I can handle snow drifts that are pretty deep with it - plus all the custom parts like a 7-speed automatic transmission and the 12,000 lb winch and built engine and it still requires regular gas. I'd miss that a lot - and you don't need someone who looks like Mad Max on the NZ freeways, scaring the constabulary and pedestrians, sheep and those nasty car-eating parrots.

I got a hold of a real estate agent in Missoula, and he knows the town in which I am interested very well - so we are meeting him in Missoula on/about Oct 3rd-5th and we'll go to Hamilton as a group to scope it out.

Whenu
16-09-2011, 09:38 AM
"The Mothers Of Invention'?

Yep, you too can be a dental-floss tycoon