PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Chrome

DeSade
14-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Switched to chrome from FF.
How do I get vids on websites to play rather than save?

icow
14-09-2011, 03:09 PM
As in like youtube flash player vids?

Chilling_Silence
14-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Flash comes built-in to Chrome, so it should "just work" out of the box. What kind of issues are you having?

DeSade
14-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Well I click on WMA's and other formats (mostly gaming vids from various sources) and in FF they would download behind the scenes then play with a single click. Now in Chrome I click and it asks me where I want to save the vid, which is what I don't want to do.

icow
14-09-2011, 04:32 PM
plugin for chrome anyone?

SP8's
14-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Just remembered ... DeSAde. Click on a WMA or other format you want to play and look for a drop-down "bar" under the bookmark bar ... sometimes, if Chrome doesn't have the add-on required, the menu will drop down and ask whether you want to install ... usually has a "jigsaw" piece and an "install" add-on button.

Been a while since I've had to use it, but worth trying ... NOTE: the drop down menu doesn't stay on the screen for long (I seem to remember)

Chilling_Silence
15-09-2011, 07:18 AM
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95697

mzee
15-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I am using Chrome more often than FF as it seems to be faster and I like the Bookmark Bar.
One thing that bugs me is that you can not see the tabs when in full page mode, unlike FF & IE9 where you just put the cursor at the top.
This is frustrating when you want to go 'Back' but can't because the page is on a a new Tab. You don't know that it is a new Tab until you try to go Back!