PDA

View Full Version : Homegrown (To Me) Terrorist Has Day In Court

SurferJoe46
13-09-2011, 07:29 AM
This guy is a few Watts short of a bright light for a brain:::

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8350671

HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- One of two men accused of placing booby traps targeting police officers in Hemet is set to go on trial Monday.

Steven Hansen, 38, of Homeland allegedly carried out at least four unsuccessful attacks targeting law enforcement personnel.

I was living in that city when this was all going on - they thought it was the local drug traffickers since the bikers have a contract out on the police there, but it was just a lone nut case.

R2x1
14-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Did they have to shake the tree very hard to get him down? Why did Hemet Police get involved - shouldn't the local forces have handled it? (Homeland Security is a big enough crowd and although no wet paper bags needed their Houdini Squad, surely they deserve a chance to finally get one right?)

I was a bit worried this might incite one of our local copycats to go and do likewise until I realised the picture wouldn't teach them much and that written words just pass them by.

Bobh
14-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Ugly looking brute. I can see why he did not get bail.

GameJunkie
14-09-2011, 12:00 PM
wolverine

SurferJoe46
14-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Did they have to shake the tree very hard to get him down? Why did Hemet Police get involved - shouldn't the local forces have handled it? (Homeland Security is a big enough crowd and although no wet paper bags needed their Houdini Squad, surely they deserve a chance to finally get one right?)

I was a bit worried this might incite one of our local copycats to go and do likewise until I realised (sic) the picture wouldn't teach them much and that written words just pass them by.

He had originally bombed a police officer's personal car, turned a gas pipe into the police building and tried to blow it up and set a few incendiary devices at security gates for their vehicles and one at an impound yard.

The Hemet police tried to taker care of this by themselves, since it's not a really good idea to invoke the Feds in your city. Especially so when there's so much corruption and the whole board of city directors of Hemet and sister city San Jacinto have most of the city's political officers in jail.

It would look like the city was out of control.

Well - it IS anyway.