PDA

View Full Version : Open shortcut to mail maximized

lakewoodlady
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi,
I've been setting up a lady's Win 7 machine so that she has a shortcut icon on the desktop which opens directly into her yahoo xtra mail inbox.
It won't open up maximized, but always in a restored down size. How can I set it to open maximized?

She is using IE9 and that opens maximized ok.

LL

wainuitech
12-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Try These options (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_vista/how-do-i-get-ie9-to-open-in-full-window-from-a/f96eee87-0763-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5)

Pressing F11 will also make it go full screen, then F11 to return to original

lakewoodlady
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Wainui, will try them. If I can't get it to work, she'll just have to maximize it manually.
I've spent hours helping her get on the net, and b....r all help from Telecom. In fact an indian guy on their help (not) desk said that they can help with settings but that Telecom does not support Windows Live Mail and that it must be a Win Live problem. I am so put off it now, I'll never have anything to do with it again!
Meanwhile at least the lady can finally get into her mail by what I've set up. She was so happy, she shouted me lunch out!

LL

wainuitech
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Slightly off topic, but just to help in future with Windows live mail -- Its actually basically the same as Outlook Express (if not easier).

The "trick" is so simple once you have done it you have to wonder what the non-help at xtra actually know.

When you are setting up a new account, enter the persons details ( all self explainable) email address, password and the name to display , look for the setting that allows you to manually configure the servers, bottom left (see attachments) then manually enter in the server details, for xtra it will be pop3.xtra.co.nz & smtp.xtra.co.nz -- Done

Letting Live mail try to figure out the setting ( default option) 99% of the time fails.

lakewoodlady
12-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I tried doing that with those settings and that didn't work, also with using ports 995 and 465 for incoming and outgoing, but that just didn't work either. The guy did try to help but all I kept getting was socket errors on "send/Receive". I might give it another go over the next day or so, as I have her laptop at home with me. I took Norton off and put MSSE on to it using my wireless, otherwise it would have used up all her data on her T-Stick.

LL

Snorkbox
12-09-2011, 10:23 PM
A T-Stick is a different animal.

I have only set one of those up once and it was with XP.

lakewoodlady
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Yay! (She said, crossing her fingers) I got it to work! I sure hope it still works when I go see her tomorrow!
The Manually configure settings seemed to be the deciding factor. Thanks Wainui, you've come to my rescue once again.

LL