PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express data transfer from one laptop to another.

Aspi
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Hello all,
I have got a new Laptop whch runs Windows 7 and I have also purchased an original Office 2010 package alongwith it. Have started Outlook Express successfully on the machine. I need to transfer the data from my old laptop which has all my emails under different folder in the Outlook Express in the old machine. The old machine runs on Windows Vista and has Office 2007 Outlook Express.
Caan anyone suggest a simple and effective way to trasnfer all my emails from the old to the new Laptop..??
Thank you and Best Regards.
Asoi.

Snorkbox
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Office 2010 has Outlook rather than Outlook Express.

To transfer just copy the *.pst file to the new Laptop.

nmercer
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
are you using Outlook Express or Outlook? the 2 are quite different

Hello all,
I have got a new Laptop whch runs Windows 7 and I have also purchased an original Office 2010 package alongwith it. Have started Outlook Express successfully on the machine. I need to transfer the data from my old laptop which has all my emails under different folder in the Outlook Express in the old machine. The old machine runs on Windows Vista and has Office 2007 Outlook Express.
Caan anyone suggest a simple and effective way to trasnfer all my emails from the old to the new Laptop..??
Thank you and Best Regards.
Asoi.

Aspi
13-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi could you please explain the process a bit more in details.
Thanks.

Snorkbox
13-09-2011, 01:07 PM
So what is on the old Laptop and the new Laptop?

wainuitech
13-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Going by the original post, you DONT have outlook Express, but have Outlook 2007.

The original Vista machine, also doesn't come with Outlook express either, it has Windows Mail. Outlook Express,Outlook and Windows mail are all totally different mail clients.

Assuming you have outlook on the original machine -----

Note:When it asks for a folder to save, save it to the desktop or direct to a USB flash drive( easy to find then)

( copied from MS site -- saves writing it all out again :) ),

Follow these steps to export a specific folder:
1.Open Outlook.
2.On the File menu, click Import And Export. If the menu item is not available, hover your pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu, and then click Import and Export.
3.Click Export To File, and then click Next.
4.Click Personal Folder File (.pst) , and then click Next.
5.Click the folder that you want to export the .pst file to, and then click Next.
6.Click Browse, and then select the location where you want the new .pst file to be saved.
7.In the File Name box, , type the name that you want to use for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
8.Click Finish.

Now put that .pst file on a flash drive ( unless you save it there originally - plug it into the new machine - Click and Read THIS LINK (http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/office-outlook-2010-import-and-export/) << Has pictures as well.