PDA

View Full Version : Fan Controller

jareemon
11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi guys, wondering if you could recommend a fan controller.
It needs to be 5.25", and be able to control 5 fans which are all the large 4-pin molex type. 4 are 120mm and one is a larger (140mm or 170mm?) They're Antec tri-cool fans with wired 3-way switches, but i really dont want to have to take the cover off my tower every time I want to change the fan speed.
Would a fan controller be compatable with the tri-cool fans if i leave the switches on max? or would it be better to just somehow mount the switches on the outside of the case?
Dont mind spending over a hundred bucks for a good one

nedkelly
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I have a rhombus Extreme (I think) there are 6 fan speed dials, the fans connect via 3 pin plugs to the controller but you get heaps of adapters in the box

jareemon
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
ok I can't find that model... but I did find one, it'sthe Skythe Kaze Master, only 4 controls but that will do, does anyone know if it supports fans with only the large psu type molex plugs because these fans dont have motherboard connectors

dpDesignz
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM
there are some really cool ones here I would recommend. http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentsearch.asp

nedkelly
11-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Oh im sorry I got the name wrong, it is a Sunbeamtech Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller