PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed in Orcon

emmanelson
10-09-2011, 06:12 AM
I have been very dissapointed with Orcon. It was impossible to get through to their help line when my internet didn't work (from the moment I signed up). Eventually I resorted to email on Aug 8th....they replied September 1st (apologizing for the 'delayed response'. I had already changed providers. As I was signed up to direct debit Orcon took a total of $206.96 from my account and have not replied to my request to receive a refund for the service I never received.

Cicero
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM
I will give Orcon a miss in that case.

pctek
10-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Orcon took a total of $206.96 from my account and have not replied to my request to receive a refund for the service I never received.
Send them another email and tell them you will take it to Disputes if not refunded.
Then take it to Disputes.

Gobe1
10-09-2011, 09:29 AM
+1 Pctek
we are with orcon at work and the phone message first says they are very busy due to the genius phone thingy
Even good IPs cant be expected to get everything right but it does sound like you have been mucked around

Richard
10-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Have been with Orcon for several years now and have had excellent service. Longest I have ever waited for helpdesk was about 5 minutes. Problems have always been solved, and they even reduced my cost when they noticed I was overbuying my requirements.

Strongly recommend them.

Chilling_Silence
10-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah things have been going downhill for Orcon a lot lately, for some reason that Genius has had the total opposite of the desired effect ...

DeSade
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Orcon has always done right by me, fast service good prices and a pleasure to deal with.
Agree with Richard, highly recommended.

quentinreade
10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Emma,
If you can please drop me a line - quentin.reade@team.orcon.net.nz - we'll take a look into this and sort you out.
Cheers, Quentin (Orcon)

Scouse
10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Just interested.... where does the poster quentin+ get the original poster's first name.....
Both are first time posters on this site.
Just seems an odd little thing to me.......
Advertising in some way?

wratterus
10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Just interested.... where does the poster quentin+ get the original poster's first name.....
Both are first time posters on this site.
Just seems an odd little thing to me.......
Advertising in some way?

The OP's username - emmanelson. ;)

So either Emma Nelson, or Emma from Nelson.

Great to have you here Quentin. I'm sure this will be sorted out quick smart, I for one have always been very impressed with Orcon, but it seems in NZ anyone can have any kind of experience with any ISP - someone was singing Sligshot's praises the other day... they must have never called them. :xmouth:

Scouse
10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks Wratty... getting slower in my old age.

Gobe1
10-09-2011, 06:20 PM
someone was singing Sligshot's praises the other day... they must have never called them. :xmouth:

Haha i have not had a problem with them yet....i did call them about 2 months ago about my phone and waited maybe 2 minutes till they answered
but the day they muck me around i am outta there

Greven
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
It seems to be that as soon as any ISP gains significant market share their service goes downhill.

Cicero
10-09-2011, 10:10 PM
It seems to be that as soon as any ISP gains significant market share their service goes downhill.

Sad but true.
The bigger they get, the more we become just a number and the only time we become individuals again is when Fair Go enters the fray.

R2x1
10-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Not always, Telecom in their many guises started at the bottom and continue to fight off all challengers. ;)

mzee
11-09-2011, 01:15 AM
I have been with Telecom, Paradise, Vodafone and now Orcon. I have found Orcon Help desk to be polite and helpful and they try to put things right.
At the moment they are a bit snowed under with 'Genius', but it will soon settle down. At least you are not put through to Calcutta. They have been advertising for staff.
I tried to phone Vodafone yesterday and could not find a human! Computer told me to go on line, but their web site is crook so I gave up.

Chilling_Silence
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
At the moment they are a bit snowed under with 'Genius', but it will soon settle down. At least you are not put through to Calcutta. They have been advertising for staff.

This is true. Sucks to have to ring them in the mean time :-/