PDA

View Full Version : Windows installation not showing up

jackchet
09-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I reformatted the other day as I got a new SSD(Crucial M4). It went OK for the most part except for the fact that some windows updates wouldn't install properly work which I think was a conflict with Zone Alarm, though I managed to fix that by using a newer installation file of Zone Alarm. Some Updates still wouldn't install properly but I was fine with it. Just a few hours ago I noticed there were some updates that still weren't installed so I went ahead and installed them. When I restarted the computer I got MBR1 and MBR2 and couldn't get into windows. I thought no biggie as I could just use windows startup repair to fix. When I booted off the Windows 7 CD, I find that there are no Windows installations detected, yet my harddrives all still appear, the SSD even showed the correct volume information, ie space taken up by the windows installation. Any ideas on how to fix this error? Would hate to spend all day reformatting and installing everything again ><

tl;dr
windows installation disappeared, harddrives seem not to be the issue.

jackchet
09-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Ok nevermind, fixed the problem. I thought the OS was at fault as windows repair couldn't detect the windows installation. I Unplugged the other two harddrives and it booted fine, Windows applied the updates, then I plugged the other two harddrives back in and all seems to be working now.